Photo

2017 Football Recruits/Commits

• Please log in to reply
169 replies to this topic

#166 jimbo

jimbo

Great Dane

• Big Purple Fans
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 804 posts

Posted 25 May 2017 - 08:07 AM

Jimbo, as a lawyer who practices contract law as a primary field, I find the application of force majeure limited at best. I don't even think we'd use it as a negotiation tactic. Those clauses are generally boiler plate and inapplicable from a practical perspective. We'd have to see the contract to find out if they modified the boiler plate language. That said, legal applications (and crazy judges) me on the regular.

http://static.caaspo...andbook_WEB.pdf

Thanks Dane96. This is the handbook where it's noted....Sec VII.

I can definitely see force majeure applied in the case of a natural disaster, blizzard, etc. If it applies to things like being illegal its a little more cloudy to me. This is especially

true I should think if the reason given for a failure to fulfill the contract is due to an executive order intended to cause harm to the state and its institutions, regardless of how

it's hidden in the human rights argument. Oh...to be a fly on the wall.

Edited by jimbo, 25 May 2017 - 08:13 AM.

#167 GreatDanes06

GreatDanes06

Great Dane

• RACC Rowdy
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,155 posts

Posted 01 September 2017 - 06:05 AM

Not sure where to go with this. But, WOW...

https://twitter.com/...457543091101697

2 years of eligibility?

QZcTc3.gif13021.pngknLKdl.gif

#168 Eli

Eli

Great Dane

• Big Purple Fans
  • 3,101 posts

Posted 01 September 2017 - 08:12 AM

If he's half as good as his father, man, we got one!

Edited by Eli, 01 September 2017 - 08:20 AM.

GO DANES!!!

#169 Dane96

Dane96

Great Dane

• Big Purple Fans
  • 5,574 posts

Posted 01 September 2017 - 08:23 AM

Please. Likely just a depth thing. Guy has had two transfers at this point. And, he would have to learn the system. Not impressed

#170 B9j2j6s

B9j2j6s

Great Dane

• Big Purple Fans
  • 1,229 posts

Posted 01 September 2017 - 08:34 AM

Yeah I agree kid seems to give up easily 2 transfers. Good name recognition but the CAA is no cake walk hope he comes in and works hard. If he does we have something but if he doesn't

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users