UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

MAAC BBall Scheduling

Is the America east ever going to expand to 10? They've been at 9 for over 10 years.

Are there any good options at the moment? Bryant and CCSU from the NEC would be possible candidates but they would need to find a new home for their football programs. And wasn't NJIT passed on by the America East a few years ago?

As long as AE is a one-bid league, there's no reason to expand. It might benefit keeping autobids in the minor sports where there's no cushion to lose a team, but not in basketball.

I'm sure some leagues have scheduling policies. It was even discussed for AE at one time, but I think the league has had so many bad teams, it was hard to enforce when even playing a 275 was scheduling up for some teams.

Is the America east ever going to expand to 10? They've been at 9 for over 10 years.

Are there any good options at the moment? Bryant and CCSU from the NEC would be possible candidates but they would need to find a new home for their football programs. And wasn't NJIT passed on by the America East a few years ago?
Won't happen, but if they could poach Hofstra back that'd be nice.

As long as AE is a one-bid league, there's no reason to expand. It might benefit keeping autobids in the minor sports where there's no cushion to lose a team, but not in basketball.

I'm sure some leagues have scheduling policies. It was even discussed for AE at one time, but I think the league has had so many bad teams, it was hard to enforce when even playing a 275 was scheduling up for some teams.

Not that I care about the maac but they are pretty much saying you can play a 275 if that is scheduling up. :)

Also it remains to be seen how many home games they buy even though they mention that in their policy.

In spite of what the lcc coach is quoted as today the days of them dictating terms to Albany are over. They either will provide a fair deal to Albany or they can look for another opponent.

Hahhahaahah. What a doofus. Just cancel the series after next year....Fatsos will come crawling back eventually. Why? Because we bring in like 4,000 more fans than they get for any other game. YOU'RE WELCOME JIMMY.

• Like 2

Hahhahaahah. What a doofus. Just cancel the series after next year....Fatsos will come crawling back eventually. Why? Because we bring in like 4,000 more fans than they get for any other game. YOU'RE WELCOME JIMMY.

Call their bluff..!!!

Call their bluff..!!!

Agree.

It would be nice to see how many season ticket holders and sponsors they lose if they tell them they aren't going to play Albany anymore

Not that I care about the maac but they are pretty much saying you can play a 275 if that is scheduling up. :)

Also it remains to be seen how many home games they buy even though they mention that in their policy.

In spite of what the lcc coach is quoted as today the days of them dictating terms to Albany are over. They either will provide a fair deal to Albany or they can look for another opponent.

Fatsos is a ridiculous clown. This series means nothing, if the jokers across town don't show their 'daddy' respect and fairness to UA over scheduling.

Edited by uofalbany