UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

I'm rooting for Siena. Whether it's UA or Siena, the party is still in the CapReg.

Anyone on this board who seriously hopes Siena loses needs to relax:

Their team are great kids and McCaffrey's a class act.

I am very relaxed---and seriously hope Siena loses.

Go Louisville !

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply
. . . I wonder why we waited 20 years to follow Siena into D-I. Was the state that hostile and anti-athletic to the idea? Or did we just not try?

There were two big obstacles that UA had to cross to go Division I. The first was created by the State which didn't allow schools to apply for Division I status. Siena had at least a ten-year jump on us by that reason alone. The second hurdle was to overcome opposition from within the UA staff itself. Proponents had to get by the attitude that Division I sports would become a detriment to the academic side of the school. The Faculty Senate had to approve the move. Passing both obstacles took many years.

Following this long, tortuous path perhaps has made me more patient about UA's progress in athletics than otherwise.

I'm happy content where we are right now. Is everything perfect? Could things be better with the UA athletic program? Yes, to both those questions.

Actually the answer to the first question as written is "No".

I also have been ignoring Siena, but if they had lost Friday the T-U may have found room in their incredibly shrinking pages for stories on lax playing #5 Princeton, or the opening of spring football practice. (for lax they did print the box score).

Done. Over. Period.

I hope I don't hear about $iena on this board again. They have their own board. Let them talk about it there.

I'm rooting for Siena. Whether it's UA or Siena, the party is still in the CapReg.

Anyone on this board who seriously hopes Siena loses needs to relax:

Totally disagree with this post. Many fans of teams at ALL levels have another team they root agianst. It is part of the fun of sports. I root against Siena whether I am relaxed or not. One thing does not have anything to do with the other.

I am on my way back from vacation in which the last stop was the regional in Greensboro and UA baseball.

Every Carolina fan I saw yesterday in the Greensboro region seemed to either leave the building for the Duke game or rooted against Duke. The Duke fans expect that out of the Carolina fans and they root against Carolina. It is part of the big time experience. Why can't I root against another mid major team as a fan of a mid major. I never understand those of you who think I have to root for a team or get upset on who I root for. It is usually quite fun when Siena loses. The more the better. 04-05 was their most fun season of the last decade. The last 2 seasons, it has not been fun watching LCC most nights, but there are 330 d1 teams so I easily find better games to watch. No one can ever force me to watch them when they are winning.

It was quite enjoyable in Greensboro yesterday except the Dukies won. Much more enjoyable than Thursday's Duke Bingo game where I really could not root for either team.

It is also quite enjoyable to be away from the Siena hype machine a.k.a the TU for a couple of weeks. Just from the little I saw on here today it looks like the TU was even more unreadable than usual. Down in Carolina, no one cared about LCC except how it affected their bracket. 80% of the people in the sports bar I was in Friday night were watching the Wake Forest game with it about even among the other 3 games.

Root for them or against them, that was a much better game than I thought it would be yesterday.

Luckily Duke will only be around for a couple of more days. Villanova should take care of them next weekend.

Siena had a good run, they have a good team, they still suck.

You can't be a complete and unequivocal UA fan if you ever find yourself rooting for Siena. Anyone who was hoping they'd advance sacrifices a great deal of credibility as a fan of Great Dane basketball.

That is just the way it was, is, and always will be.

You can't be a complete and unequivocal UA fan if you ever find yourself rooting for Siena. Anyone who was hoping they'd advance sacrifices a great deal of credibility as a fan of Great Dane basketball.

Is it possible to not root for them but not wish them ill will? I'm just asking! Although I can't say I was not tempted to root against the minivan (Sienna) driving into the sweet 16 considering their fan base.

At no point in the tourney did I root for them....

I rooted for Siena friday night because it was a great game and I picked them to win in my brackets.

Yesterday I found myslef at a St. Patty's day party with a number of Siena fans.......I could not root for them there, although I didn't root against them either. Just watched and enjoyed a good game. I did however throw a couple of "one-trick pony" type comments their way, to which no logical Siena fan ever has a response.

Post of the year nominee. I agree completely.

Is it possible to not root for them but not wish them ill will? I'm just asking! Although I can't say I was not tempted to root against the minivan (Sienna) driving into the sweet 16 considering their fan base.

If asked why you're not rooting for them, I guess it's acceptable to say you don't give a rat's ass. But that pretty much eliminates the choice of actively rooting against them.

If asked why you're not rooting for them, I guess it's acceptable to say you don't give a rat's ass. But that pretty much eliminates the choice of actively rooting against them.

It is also acceptable to say who is Siena like you have never heard of them. :rolleyes:

Actually, while I agree with King Danes post, I have less of a problem with those who root for Siena than those who tell me I am wrong to root against Siena or with those who seem to ask for permission to root for them or those that try to convince me that Fran is a "great guy" who should be rooted for.

It is an individuals choice either way.

This may sound slightly paranoid and I apologize if it does but I have to say it.

Has anyone noticed that whenever there's a recruiting story on the TU blog there are always several comments from "different" posters hinting that there is something amiss with our program? If I didn't know better I'd think someone hoping recruits will be looking for info on themselves and stumble across the negative recruiting. One of the downsides to allowing anonymous posting.

It's also interesting how Mark S. always like to put a negative spin on just about every single blog or story he writes. He couldn't just pen a blog about Kyle Randall...he had to cast a shadow of the recruitment of this kid by making the point that we offered him three weeks ago, insinuating that something sinister was going on and that Raffa was getting recruited over. He does this ALL THE TIME...like his...well, that's 8 in 3.

He makes a mountain out of a mole hill constantly....he does our program zero favors. If there is something positive to report like a new student athlete verbal, he doesn't report it at all, the minute he catches wind of something negative he runs to his keyboard.

Archived