UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

It is certainly good news.

Continuing to dominate the NEC is important for our case for a better division and a new stadium. Its not fair to keep asking the team to play at such high standards but it's the one thing we have going for us. Beating UMass this year would certainly help our case. Getting more butts in the seats would also be nice. If we could just get that stadium built I would feel better but until then we just need to win, win, win.

It is certainly good news.

Continuing to dominate the NEC is important for our case for a better division and a new stadium. Its not fair to keep asking the team to play at such high standards but it's the one thing we have going for us. Beating UMass this year would certainly help our case. Getting more butts in the seats would also be nice. If we could just get that stadium built I would feel better but until then we just need to win, win, win.

Going to be hard to put butts in seats when you sell your marquee home game.

You can bet playing Bryant at University Field isn't going to get people to come watch.

We just have to hope they keep winning.

• 2 weeks later...

Update on yesterday's scrimmage:

http://www.ualbanysports.com/ViewArticle.d...;ATCLID=3708151

Anyone make it out? From the sound of the article, Andrew Smith from Guilderland is coming along nicely. I'd love for him to be the #2 next year behind Espo and be able to step in in 2010 as the a redshirt Soph starter. 3-year starters make for good programs.

Tentatively scheduled spring game for Sat. April 18th.

I was there for about a half hour. Maybe 30 people in the stands.

Smith and I think Leathley looked to have real strong arms throwing the medium-range pass, DiLella seemed to get more reps but was putting more air under the ball, tough on a windy day. Smith also scored another TD running over tacklers, which makes me wonder why the QBs are wearing red shirts if they're gonna be running the ball. Mostly the defense looked ahead of the O, somebody returned an INT for a TD. Jean Juste also played some QB, at least #2 had a red jersey.

Bobby Woods kicked 3 or 4 FGs from 38 yds - with the wind.

(all these names if they really matched the spring practice notes)

They also practiced the punt off a fake field goal.

First since Ryan Roeder blew out his knee in the spring of 2001.

Anybody planning on attending? I'd love to make it up but I'll be in Charlotte for the weekend. Hopefully someone can post a recap.

And PS - try and get some stadium info out of someone :rolleyes: .

Did you notice in the release that Roeder was just hired as wide receiver coach at Rhode Island. Previous three years were at Temple.

That is great for Roeder. The URI guys had actually posted that on AGS a few weeks ago, but I completely missed it. He's a great coach. I hope this path leads him back to Albany.

Archived