UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Presidential search -- no comment

Classof72/74

At this rate, we will never get a president. We'd have an easier chance merging with RPI than getting one. Albany has proven it doesn't want a SUNY and SUNY could care less about its Albany campus so it's time to shut down to teach them a lesson. :P

Given the research I've done in heart conditions, I still insist that Kermit could have been saved and this ordeal wouldn't have happened. Maybe we're cursed...

RPI is building a football stadium ... (lol)

"East Campus Athletic Village[:] The new East Campus Athletic Village is being planned to include an expanded Houston Field House, a multi-purpose stadium with seating for 7,500, a basketball arena with seating for 2,000, a new 50-meter pool, an indoor track and field area, and new tennis courts. "

http://www.rpi.edu/about/campustour/ecav/index.html

Maybe RPI will let us use their stadium for some home games. :-/

Also of interest:

PHOTO GALLERY of Construction of RPI's East Campus Athletic Village: http://www.rpiathletics.com/news/2009/1/30/gen_2398423.aspx

RPI Athletics Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=31070281414

Sorry Hags, but this school needs a true leader. Someone who defines school spirit and has what it takes to get UA a stadium! So, with that being said, I would like to officially declare my candidacy for President. I mean, let's be honest. What search committee wouldn't vote for a guy who sports a big purple cape??

You are SO going down.

I'll support Haggy for President of the University! Maybe he can pull some strings for me to walk-on next year as a third-string point guard. :ph34r:

Sorry Hags, but this school needs a true leader. Someone who defines school spirit and has what it takes to get UA a stadium! So, with that being said, I would like to officially declare my candidacy for President. I mean, let's be honest. What search committee wouldn't vote for a guy who sports a big purple cape??

You are SO going down.

I'll support Haggy for President of the University! Maybe he can pull some strings for me to walk-on next year as a third-string point guard. :ph34r:

In the 1st phase of their plan, only 4800 seats are going up. So I read.

Although 7500 total isn't a heck of alot, I'd be happy to have it right now.

Only 4800 seats at RPI. The stadium will be nicer than ours, but in all honesty it won't even be as nice as Cortland's stadium.

And you can't use RPI as a measuring stick (although I have tried myself). Its a no-win situation. RPI raised $1 billion in their last fundraising campaign, of that they received the largest gift ever given to a college ($300 million or so from a Microsoft person). They also have tremendous leadership from Shirley Jackson because they pay her $1 million a year. Another thing we'll never be able to get close to.

"It remains unclear why so many candidates continue to drop out. University at Albany and SUNY officials remained mum about the candidates and why the search has taken so long." .... well it sure isn't unclear to most ppl that you TU published their names

RPI has loads of money, good programs mostly in things that UAlbany doesn't do, a powerful (if not derided) president, and D-1 Hockey.

UAlbany has no money, good programs in what RPI doesn't specialize in, can't sell their souls for a president, and D-1 all around.

Pie-in-the-sky wise, if SUNY sells us short, can we merge with RPI? :rolleyes:

Realistically, can we at least ask to borrow their stadium after we begin a campaign to condemn ours and rebuild begins?

A merger of the schools would be near impossible due to RPI's pride, but playing fantasy university maker it'd be dynamic, yes?

Despite this whole mess, the good news is that more and more students are applying to UAlbany, and the quality of student being accepted is increasing as well. For the first time in 10 years, the acceptance rate has fallen below 50%. Article

good news, although judging by the quality of that article I'd say the university has some work to do.

Merger of schools? Dude....comeeeee onnnnnn, you have GOT to be pulling everyone's leg with this kind of talk. Humanity has a much better chance of landing on the SUN; no one at UA or RPI would ever even consider this ridicules notion.

Did you not read the words "pie-in-the-sky"? Or notice the :rolleyes:? In all seriousness, we should borrow their field and partner on some nanotech programs, reasonable enough?

For hare brained random notions, I still think a campus shutdown would be best. Look at how the NHL lockout kinda helped the NHL. :P

I still think there needs to be some way to let the community know to not take UA for granted. They don't take RPI for granted and they sure don't seem to take Siena for granted. What outside of a poor heritage and stigma of state schools in NYS could be hurting us?

Archived