UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Recruiting - 2015

I like the Andrews commitment also. Good schools looking at him and a really skilled player.

Quote from the Bowling Green coach when he signed:

"Jamir Andrews can really score the basketball while possessing great vertical athleticism. He is body ready and is wired to score. We will lose some significant scoring with our seniors departing and we expect Jamir to fill some of that void," continued Jans. "I love the demeanor and maturity Jamir will bring with him as well."

• 2 weeks later...

Not sure if this was posted - I found this interesting description of 6'6" Travis Charles

Travis Charles is back for his sophomore season for coach Raines, and is the team's work horse. Charles looked bigger and stronger and more skilled. He was able to get position on the interior to back down smaller forwards, and will take them off the dribble. He is a physical player that uses his body well and is a tough blue collar player. - texashoops.com

I always thought Harris (who was very talented) was a three who wanted to be a two on the perimeter. He would rather shoot the three then fight on the block.

Travis Charles sounds like a guy who wants to be in the trenches -

He is a physical player that uses his body well and is a tough blue collar player. - Texashoops.com

I don't know how good Charles is but I do know we have to somehow replace Sam's inside presence!

Edited by Patch

• 2 weeks later...

Andrews looks like a great get. He also had a visit to Washington State scheduled before his commitment to Bowling Green in the fall.

I believe this puts us at 14 scholarships. So either someone is paying his own way next year..someone committed isn't coming..or another person is leaving. Perhaps related..I haven't seen Green in any of the recent team pictures from their trip to the capitol, etc.

I guess we'll know more when the spring recruiting class is officially announced.

Looks like it was #2. DaShawn Robinson..originally committed to UAlbany..signed with Louisiana Tech. That seems to put us at 13 scholarships.

Andrews looks like a great get. He also had a visit to Washington State scheduled before his commitment to Bowling Green in the fall.

I believe this puts us at 14 scholarships. So either someone is paying his own way next year..someone committed isn't coming..or another person is leaving. Perhaps related..I haven't seen Green in any of the recent team pictures from their trip to the capitol, etc.

I guess we'll know more when the spring recruiting class is officially announced.

Looks like it was #2. DaShawn Robinson..originally committed to UAlbany..signed with Louisiana Tech. That seems to put us at 13 scholarships.

I wonder who changed their mind. Robinson is from Texas so LA Tech is much closer. They're also Conference USA and won 27 games last year. Granted Conference USA isn't what it used to be but it's still solid.

I wonder who changed their mind. Robinson is from Texas so LA Tech is much closer. They're also Conference USA and won 27 games last year. Granted Conference USA isn't what it used to be but it's still solid.

Do you mean whether it was the player or CB?

Do you mean whether it was the player or CB?

I guess. He landed in a pretty good spot for him. I wonder if he changed his mind.

• 2 weeks later...

Players should be back on campus for classes right?

Classes don't start till the end of August (21st I believe for me)...unless you're referring to summer classes which are indeed in session.

Classes don't start till the end of August (21st I believe for me)...unless you're referring to summer classes which are indeed in session.

These guys all come in for summer classes so that the workload isn't so heavy during the rest of the year. Classes started this week for the first session I believe or it is second...I know because I had a class start this week.

These guys all come in for summer classes so that the workload isn't so heavy during the rest of the year. Classes started this week for the first session I believe or it is second...I know because I had a class start this week.

Agreed. Except for Hooley maybe. I think he'll be in China for a few weeks with the Australian National team.

It sounds like Joe Cremo is getting ready on his own:

http://www.cbs6albany.com/sports/features/sports/stories/scotias-joe-cremo-gets-ready-ualbany-3222.shtml

Agreed. Except for Hooley maybe. I think he'll be in China for a few weeks with the Australian National team.

It sounds like Joe Cremo is getting ready on his own:

http://www.cbs6albany.com/sports/features/sports/stories/scotias-joe-cremo-gets-ready-ualbany-3222.shtml

Hooley is also a grad student so he probably is on a somewhat different schedule with course-work etc. Not to mention he's all kinds of smart...