UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Baker Transfering

I think we actually have just two scholarships available..right?

2 opening up from Rowley and Ede departing..plus 3 from Baker, Wells and Twyman transferring..gives us 5 opening up.

Already have 3 locked-up with Stire having paid his own way this year..plus Cremo and McKinley joining us next year.

Should leave 2 to fill.

Edited by Phoenix
  • Like 1

Unless I am forgetting someone; we just lost our entire freshman (i.e. not juco's) class form 2014-2015? Does not appear to hurt us for next year, but this can not bode well 2016-17??????????????

I also thought Baker had AE POY potential, but an unhappy player is bad for a team, no matter how good he is.

McKay and Stire are both Freshman. We had 5 come in last year and 4 Jucos.

I always worry about kids like Green and McKay leaving as they got virtually no PT. I wish one of them was in my group in class, I'd hit em up for some indication, lol.

But as I said earlier, I'm 'over' Baker leaving. He had the talent...but we're not losing a proven commodity. We're losing the potential of a commodity. Oh well. Moving on...

Edited by Ilko

McKay can add front court depth. The year of red shirting could help big for us.

Doesn't post number 27 state that McKay is also leaving the program?...

It's Twyman and Wells that are leaving.

Sorry as well to hear about Baker. From watching him, he was the first guy off the bench to congratulate teammates, help guys off the floor, etc. Seemed like a good teammate from a distance. I would have liked to see him stay but wish him luck wherever he hands.

Ditto that for Twyman and Wells. I thought with the talent in front of them that they'd be "program guys" who maybe would get some minutes later in their careers. From chatting with Mike Wells at some of the preseason events he seemed like a terrific guy.

I think as we climb the recruiting ladder, guys who were talented "gets" a couple of years ago when they were recruited end up behind really good players because of all our recent success. There are worse problems to have.

Where did you see McKay is transferring? Can you clarify what you mean by post 27? Perhaps I'm just getting senile lol

Yeah, no, the senility is on my end. As DP has so graciously pointed out it is indeed Twyman and not McKay.

I think my brain like to rearrange letters so I somehow came up with McKay in my head...but whatever!

• Like 1

Where did you see McKay is transferring? Can you clarify what you mean by post 27? Perhaps I'm just getting senile lol

I think my brain like to rearrange letters so I somehow came up with McKay in my head...but whatever!

There's a word for that, lysdexia,.sydlexia..something like that. I understand, it's been a long week!

If there was ever a time to capitalize on a solid big man that is looking to win it would be now, considering the 3 straight tournament appearances. Need to find a way to somehow capitalize on this opportunity.

If all three guys stayed someone would have been the odd man out scholarship wise since there's only two remaining.