UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Is there a rule that a player desiring an intra-conference transfer must get permission from the current school (even with sitting out the year at the new school, unless he was a RS). If so, then that would mean WB would have given the permission, and if it's okay with WB, then it's okay with me (not that it matters!).

From the conference website. I'm guessing UA gave is a waiver so he doesn't lose the year of eligibility? Not sure of the NCAA rule.

GENERAL RULE: For the sports of men’s and women’s basketball, a student-athlete who transfers from one conference institution to another must serve one year in residence at the certifying institution before being eligible to compete. That student-athlete shall be charged two years on their five-year clock and one year of eligibility. If the directors of athletics from the two involved institutions mutually agree to a waiver of the above policy, the student-athlete shall not be subject to the conference policy and all applicable NCAA regulations apply. Additionally, if the directors of athletics from the two involved institutions do not mutually agree to a waiver of the above policy, the second institution may file an appeal of the policy to the Conference’s Transfer Policy Committee on behalf of the student-athlete. The decision of the Transfer Policy Committee is final.

Was Twyman recruited or on scholarship? If not he can use an exception to the rule to sit out a year...I think.

Page 20 of NCAA Transfer Guide

If this is your first transfer…

To use this exception, you must:

1. Be playing a sport other than baseball in Division I, basketball in Division I, ...

Important Note: If you do not qualify for this exception due to any of the conditions in Subsection 1 above, you may be able to use the exception if you were not recruited by your first four-year school AND have never received an athletics scholarship.

Sitting out a year is not the full question though. According to the America East rules he will have to sit out a year AND lose a year of eligibility, meaning he would only have 2 years of eligibility after sitting out 2015/16 season.

"That student-athlete shall be charged two years on their five-year clock and one year of eligibility. If the directors of athletics from the two involved institutions mutually agree to a waiver of the above policy, the student-athlete shall not be subject to the conference policy and all applicable NCAA regulations apply."

I'd almost guess Twyman got a waiver.

I'm amazed that a couple of guys who didn't get much playing time last year were able to get scholarships at other D1 schools. Probably a testament to the quality of players on our roster.