UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Recruiting - 2017

I don't think brown getting an extension offer or not has anything to do with him recruiting and doing his job while he is here. He has what, 2 years left? I don't know of an extension is as big of an issue for him and UA as it is for the fans at this point. I could be wrong though.

Didn't it affect our last recruiting class. All JUCO?

It may have, but I don't think so. Brown publicly said that he did not know what he was going to need and didn't do much during the early period, choosing to wait until the late period. I think he sees that it hurt him this time and is pushing earlier.

Contract status might affect if a recruit decides to sign, but has no effect on offers given if a coach is doing his job.

Looking back at the 2016 thread..there were a good dozen or so offers posted about from the big July period. So it doesn't seem to be a huge difference (so far). My guess is it's more a reflection of Verbal Commits getting better at reporting/tracking them.

Looking back at the 2016 thread..there were a good dozen or so offers posted about from the big July period. So it doesn't seem to be a huge difference (so far). My guess is it's more a reflection of Verbal Commits getting better at reporting/tracking them.

We could be recruiting guys who are a little higher profile now.

Another offer to an Aussie in next year's class.

Also, Andrew Platek who we talked about offering somewhere in the beginning of this thread, committed to North Carolina.

Edited by Dane Pound

Catching up on the past few days:

Justin Carpenter - 6'8" PF..first DI offer

Cameron Healy - 6'3" PG..from Australia..has a couple other mid-major DI offers

Matt Pile - 6'9" PF..couple other mid-major DI offers

Prince Oduro - 6'8" PF..slew of other DI offers..as high at the A-10..also visited Siena last month

Solomon Ruddell - 7'0" C..a few others mid-major DI offers..including UMBC