UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Recruiting - 2018

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Interesting background. Was at DII Anderson in 15-16 and 16-17. Now at a JUCO in Florida for 17-18..listed as a red shirt sophomore. Only played 4 games in 15-16..so presumably earned a red shirt for that year. Averaged 11/8 for Anderson last year.

Offers from Florida Atlantic and NC A&T.

Edited by Phoenix

Interesting offer. If I had the choice I would rather go after Tayler Mattos as a big man . Maybe Mattos does not have any interest in us but has far more upside then the Juco recruit . This guy reminds me a lot of another big body player from last year and he did not see much of the court and ultimately did not work out.

Edited by UA1882

Interesting offer. If I had the choice I would rather go after Tayler Mattos as a big man . Maybe Mattos does not have any interest in us but has far more upside then the Juco recruit .

We should have four scholarships open and two commits so far so they could bring in two more frontcourt players.

Interesting offer. If I had the choice I would rather go after Tayler Mattos as a big man . Maybe Mattos does not have any interest in us but has far more upside then the Juco recruit .

We should have four scholarships open and two commits so far so they could bring in two more frontcourt players.
You are right but they both would play only center (my observation after watching them move on their highlights) . These two cannot play power forward or any other position . Would rather have 1 or 2 true centers on the roster and then fill it out with guys that can play multiple front court positions, especially when we just brought in a center.

I would just rather have 6'6 to 6'8 athletic guys. If they both come we would have really three centers .

Edited by UA1882

Not every player that is brought in is going to get lots of minutes. Even in the deepest years, coach Brown's rotation never seems to be more than 8 or 9 deep.

The Recruiting really needs to focus on bigs for 18. They lose 2 major cogs after this season in Stire and Charles. We don't know what Foster will do with the team, but he will probably get a lot of minutes as well, and will be gone after this season.

We don't know how Conway, Hank, and Lulka will adjust to D1, and that is really all the team has moving forward.

I'd take them both. Worst case, you have some BIG bodies on the practice squad. 6'7" isn't prototypical center height for a center, but I wouldn't want to fight for position underneath against him at 285.

Edited by godanesgo99