UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

2017 Football Recruits/Commits

Jimbo, as a lawyer who practices contract law as a primary field, I find the application of force majeure limited at best. I don't even think we'd use it as a negotiation tactic. Those clauses are generally boiler plate and inapplicable from a practical perspective. We'd have to see the contract to find out if they modified the boiler plate language. That said, legal applications (and crazy judges) me on the regular.

http://static.caasports.com/custompages/2016%20CAAFB%20Press%20Box/2016-17%20CAA%20Football%20Handbook_WEB.pdf

Thanks Dane96. This is the handbook where it's noted....Sec VII.

I can definitely see force majeure applied in the case of a natural disaster, blizzard, etc. If it applies to things like being illegal its a little more cloudy to me. This is especially

true I should think if the reason given for a failure to fulfill the contract is due to an executive order intended to cause harm to the state and its institutions, regardless of how

it's hidden in the human rights argument. Oh...to be a fly on the wall.

Edited by jimbo

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Appearing for the first time THIS WEEK on the roster both of these guys

John Andersen

Position: Tight End

Year: Junior

Hometown: Wappingers Falls, N.Y.

High School: Roy C. Ketchum

Pre-UAlbany: Started college career at Buffalo, where he was a member of the track and field team (throws). ... Played fullback, running back and linebacker at Ketchum High, where as a senior he compiled 98 tackles, a sack, an interception and two forced fumbles. ... Also was a member of the track and field team at Ketchum.

Personal: Son of John and Cynthia Andersen ... Has one brother, Zane, and two sisters, Tatiandra and Nikki. ... Intends to major in history.

Vincent Testaverde

Position: Quarterback

Height: 6'2"

Weight: 205

Year: Junior

Hometown: Odessa, Fla.

High School: Jesuit

Before UAlbany: Spent 2015 and 2016 seasons at Miami. Redshirted in 2015 and was a member of the practice squad in 2016. ... Played 2014 season as a true freshman at Texas Tech, where appeared in one game, completing 15-of-26 passes for 116 yards with one interception against Texas. Don't know if he is any good but I think he'll have to sit out this year.

High school: Was team MVP as a junior and senior at Jesuit High School in Tampa, Fla. ... Threw for 1,015 yards and nine TDs as a senior.

Personal: Son of Vinny and Mitzi Testaverde. ... Has two sisters, Alicia and Madeleine. .... Intends to major in communications.

Edited by HOF2013

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Looks like we are trying to get some experienced depth at the Center position (presumably to help Micah Royster who is still oh so young at the position...and Kessy Desir is unknown with respect to his torn ACL).

Local kid from HVCC. Offers from Holy Cross and Sacred Heart.

https://www.hudl.com/video/3/2657720/59bd5fae42076f0ae4ff9405

Niko Culnan

• 10 months later...