UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Not to kick a dead horse; but there was a lot of griping at the meet and greet about parking issues and the use of Casey and Sefcu lot. Some GDAC members were questioning why they had to pay for parking for Soccer and Lacrosse, when it was free for football & basketball. Some even mentioned not buying soccer season tickets, even though they had in the past.

Also, issues with "reserved" seating @ Casey for soccer and lacrosse were discussed. The issue: season ticket holders for those sports are given seats in the first row; & told that it does not matter that these are the worst seats in the stadium, because seating is NOT reserved for those sports. Then day of the game they sell seats as if they are reserved. I know this seems like a trivial issue, but I witnessed near fights more than once @ lacrosse especially late in the year when UA made its ncaa run, over fans being in the wrong seats. I am told (i do not attend soccer) this has happened there also.

The problem also occurs @ Sefcu to a point. I have two isle gold aisle seats and for "big" games have purchased extra seats in the the section (not "reserved") immediately across from me to be near my extra guests; only to be told that section are unassigned seating, even though the tickets are marked specific. I have witnessed this issued at other arenas also, where they are vague about seating. In the ncaa lacrosse quarter finals @ Delaware last spring there were numerous near brawls over questionable seating rules.

Anyhow, the issue is/should be easily resolved by making it KNOWN that all seats are reserved {or not} and if reserved assign season ticket holders accordingly or let them choose their own seats. A little COMMUNICATION is really all that is required.

I assume you've already communicated this to the athletic department personnel. Let us know when you get a response. I assume there are levels of membership which will include all parking. This should have been communicated with the parking details previously sent.

Not to kick a dead horse; but there was a lot of griping at the meet and greet about parking issues and the use of Casey and Sefcu lot. Some GDAC members were questioning why they had to pay for parking for Soccer and Lacrosse, when it was free for football & basketball. Some even mentioned not buying soccer season tickets, even though they had in the past.

Also, issues with "reserved" seating @ Casey for soccer and lacrosse were discussed. The issue: season ticket holders for those sports are given seats in the first row; & told that it does not matter that these are the worst seats in the stadium, because seating is NOT reserved for those sports. Then day of the game they sell seats as if they are reserved. I know this seems like a trivial issue, but I witnessed near fights more than once @ lacrosse especially late in the year when UA made its ncaa run, over fans being in the wrong seats. I am told (i do not attend soccer) this has happened there also.

The problem also occurs @ Sefcu to a point. I have two isle gold aisle seats and for "big" games have purchased extra seats in the the section (not "reserved") immediately across from me to be near my extra guests; only to be told that section are unassigned seating, even though the tickets are marked specific. I have witnessed this issued at other arenas also, where they are vague about seating. In the ncaa lacrosse quarter finals @ Delaware last spring there were numerous near brawls over questionable seating rules.

Anyhow, the issue is/should be easily resolved by making it KNOWN that all seats are reserved {or not} and if reserved assign season ticket holders accordingly or let them choose their own seats. A little COMMUNICATION is really all that is required.

I assume you've already communicated this to the athletic department personnel. Let us know when you get a response. I assume there are levels of membership which will include all parking. This should have been communicated with the parking details previously sent.

I do not think there is a "level" of membership that includes all parking. If there is, it is way out my strata.

The athletic department said they would "look into" providing parking passes for soccer season ticket holders. As I am not interested in soccer, I did not hang around long enough while a couple of former soccer season ticket holders were explaining the issues which caused them to NOT renew. When lacrosse season tickets go on sale I will personally become more involved. Especially the issue of reserved seating, which to me is far more important than how far I have to walk for parking.

Edited by dslyank

• 3 weeks later...

Back on Sept 1 I sent an email to the AD to let them know that the stadium bag policy is at odds with the new policies established Feb 2017. As of today it still bans backpacks, diaper bags, etc and wants clear totes...basically the same as last year. So what's the bag policy UA Athletic Dept??? The old one or the one you sent out in February when you were looking for ticket renewals and GDAC contributions??

Update from AD: Seatbacks allowed and bags allowed (subject to search at the gate. )

Edited by jimbo