UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Pro: they agreed to free rentals for this year

Con: everything else. Are you kidding me? The fact that they sold the item and then disallow it's use in the stadium is laughable. Are they kidding with that? A weapon? To quote Mike Tyson: oh lawd have murthy.

To follow up on Jimbo's in a nutshell: The reason I was given to stadium seats not allowed is that angry fans can throw them on the field. When I asked what is the difference if I throw my seat on the field or UA's seat on the field--here it comes: they will supposedly be bolting the UA stadium seats to your bleacher location. The problem I see with this, is what about the casual fan who comes to the game and is willing to pay his $5 for a stadium game day seat. Boom an unbolted projectile and I am defenseless since my weapon is screwed into the bleachers. Which brings me to a second point. This Saturday I am going to the game with a group of 6 or 7 friends. The ticket price in my season area is too expensive so we will be sitting elsewhere. Since my seat is now bolted in place, I cannot move it to the new area. This is really only a one game inconvenience--no biggie; but my old stadium seat is really no more than two cushions stitched together with a couple of side straps. Entirely made off FABRIC with a couple of plastic strips--not a steel framed weapon like the UA version.

Anyhow after listening to the asst. athletic director's explanation (some of which did not add up; like the rule has been in effect for 4 years--I read the policy procure every year cover to cover & the warning posted on the entrance gates never mentioned this rule), I pretty much thanked him for my non-weapon screwed in seat and hung up on such nonsense.

They're going to bolt stadium seats to the bleacher location? That seems ridiculous. So some areas of the bleachers will have seats and others wont? LOL

To follow up on Jimbo's in a nutshell: The reason I was given to stadium seats not allowed is that angry fans can throw them on the field. When I asked what is the difference if I throw my seat on the field or UA's seat on the field--here it comes: they will supposedly be bolting the UA stadium seats to your bleacher location. The problem I see with this, is what about the casual fan who comes to the game and is willing to pay his $5 for a stadium game day seat. Boom an unbolted projectile and I am defenseless since my weapon is screwed into the bleachers. Which brings me to a second point. This Saturday I am going to the game with a group of 6 or 7 friends. The ticket price in my season area is too expensive so we will be sitting elsewhere. Since my seat is now bolted in place, I cannot move it to the new area. This is really only a one game inconvenience--no biggie; but my old stadium seat is really no more than two cushions stitched together with a couple of side straps. Entirely made off FABRIC with a couple of plastic strips--not a steel framed weapon like the UA version.

Anyhow after listening to the asst. athletic director's explanation (some of which did not add up; like the rule has been in effect for 4 years--I read the policy procure every year cover to cover & the warning posted on the entrance gates never mentioned this rule), I pretty much thanked him for my non-weapon screwed in seat and hung up on such nonsense.

They're going to bolt stadium seats to the bleacher location? That seems ridiculous. So some areas of the bleachers will have seats and others wont? LOL

That's how my seat is. Bolted. No other seats that I could see anywhere near me. I'm having mine removed, decided it's not comfortable enough...my back is good (thanks to the backrest) but my butt isn't (seat area too small).

And I'm assuming they don't install it for every game and then remove? So that means some lucky guy for LAX or Soccer who has my seat as a season seat is getting a free seat? lol.

Edited by Eli

I actually thought they'd come to their senses on this one. Sounded like a good new revenue opportunity..rent seats to fans who don't own their own seat but wouldn't mind being a bit more comfortable on bleacher seats. Win win. Now it sounds like a lose lose lose. Annoy fans who are committed enough to UAlbany Football to have bought their own seat..often from Athletics itself..lose potential revenue by making them free this season..and eat the cost of buying these seats that they're now making the use of free. Is a good idea done poorly any better than no good idea at all? Maybe it's even worse.

I'm not sure which is more ridiculous..the claim that this has been a rule for "4 years" or that this is to prevent fans from throwing their seats onto the field. Pretty convenient that this secret "rule" begins to be enforced at the exact same time they start renting a competing product.

• Like 1

Con: everything else. Are you kidding me? The fact that they sold the item and then disallow it's use in the stadium is laughable. Are they kidding with that? A weapon? To quote Mike Tyson: oh lawd have murthy.

Serious question:

Who sold the seatback; the Official Team Store AND/ OR the Athletic Department...or...

The School Bookstore.

One is not like the other. So i am curious.

Serious question:

Who sold the seatback; the Official Team Store AND/ OR the Athletic Department...or...

The School Bookstore.

One is not like the other. So i am curious.

I got my seat via the ticketing system on the site, so I would presume the Athletic Department.

I just emailed them today and told them to remove it and credit me the $20 towards next years tickets.

Check the UA sports website for the new bag policy, which also covers the chair back policy. No seat cushions of any kind. Yes, when talking to the Asst AD my BS detector was pinging, but I tried to be polite. Not sure why but I did. Was enjoying the groveling. Sort of like to do a FOIL to see the official stadium security docs for the first three years. Then we'd know. The idea that we'd throw seats is ridiculous. And if that is a safety concern why did it not matter in the years before the rental seats came out? Yeah.....its not over.

• Like 1