UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Check the UA sports website for the new bag policy, which also covers the chair back policy. No seat cushions of any kind. Yes, when talking to the Asst AD my BS detector was pinging, but I tried to be polite. Not sure why but I did. Was enjoying the groveling. Sort of like to do a FOIL to see the official stadium security docs for the first three years. Then we'd know. The idea that we'd throw seats is ridiculous. And if that is a safety concern why did it not matter in the years before the rental seats came out? Yeah.....its not over.

You opened a can of worms, sir. Hahah...this was literally posted 9 minutes ago on the AD's Facebook:

2cqi2s0.jpg

Edited by Eli

Check the UA sports website for the new bag policy, which also covers the chair back policy. No seat cushions of any kind. Yes, when talking to the Asst AD my BS detector was pinging, but I tried to be polite. Not sure why but I did. Was enjoying the groveling. Sort of like to do a FOIL to see the official stadium security docs for the first three years. Then we'd know. The idea that we'd throw seats is ridiculous. And if that is a safety concern why did it not matter in the years before the rental seats came out? Yeah.....its not over.

You opened a can of worms, sir. Hahah...this was literally posted 9 minutes ago on the AD's Facebook:

2cqi2s0.jpg

I didn't open a can of worms! It was a bag (clear) of male bovine manure and it merely coincided with the stadium seat fiasco. That they didn't get this info out ahead of the first game is further evidence

of some serious lack of competence in the AD. I will admit to writing what I thought was a well-reasoned but scathing email which was sent to 8 AD members from Benson on down. I am sure that others did the same

or voiced the same face-to-face or by phone. By my count there are 16, count-em, 16 people with the title of AD, Deputy AD, Asst AD or Assoc. AD and not one of them was able to see that it was necessary to

put the information out BEFORE the first game?? Not one of their numerous minions??? Like Cris Carter used to say: "C'mon Man!!!"

Edited by jimbo
  • Like 1

when did we start having security concerns at athletic events? As UA ' 08 said earlier, have we really reached this level as a fan base? Almost seems like UA Athletics and Admins think UA fans are LA Rams fans? We average 8k for a game and we are worried about the flow of people into the stadium? I walked into Casey the other night in the Fallon Field gate area and there was no line. I don't understand why all of a sudden Casey Field needs TSA level of security.

I have no problem with the rule but give me a notice before the first game of the season. Anyone have a suggestion of where I can find one (bag).

I was with B9 at the game Sat and he had a back-up with more baby $iena in it than anything...he walked in 20 seconds after me and they went through his bag with no problem. Yet, that same bag is now illegal to bring in? My goodness. Seriously, can someone explain what event/incident took place that we are reaching these insane security levels?

Seat cushions were also provided by the 1844 Donor club last year or the year before... so that's nice.

• Like 1

Great now I have to find clear plastic bag for all of my two year old son stuff. Can'the bring in the diaper bag Bing.

somehow I think your needs will be met at the stadium store with new stadium compliant UAlbany clear tote bags ready for sale. It wouldn't surprise me if they aren't stocking the shelves right now! The question is will we be able to use them in three years or will they be deemed unsafe because we could put them over the heads of opposing fans. Then we'll have to get new stadium compliant clear perforated bags to prevent suffocation.
  • Like 3

Seat cushions were also provided by the 1844 Donor club last year or the year before... so that's nice.

HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHA...this is getting more FUBAR by the second

Great now I have to find clear plastic bag for all of my two year old son stuff. Can'the bring in the diaper bag Bing.

somehow I think your needs will be met at the stadium store with new stadium compliant UAlbany clear tote bags ready for sale. It wouldn't surprise me if they aren't stocking the shelves right now! The question is will we be able to use them in three years or will they be deemed unsafe because we could put them over the heads of opposing fans. Then we'll have to get new stadium compliant clear perforated bags to prevent suffocation.

You're killin me. I know we're all mad, but this was one funny post.

LMFAO sad but true