UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

There goes that top 8 seed.

I do not agree. Two one goal loses to top "3" teams should not hurt us too much; especially if we win out & ameast tournament. Even if we stumble in ameast like last year {and I DO NOT see this happening}; we still should be a strong top 8. Last year with loses to cuse and maryland by more than one goal we still were a 9 seed.

Edited by dslyank

It was a great game and I think UA showed they can play with anyone. I agree with a previous assessment that the wing play was a problem yesterday; and I also do not understand the need for the 10 man ride. I got a feeling, Scott still stinging from Notre Dame doing it to us @ Hofstra a couple/three years back, is experimenting with it, to have in his arsenal just in case needed [just speculating?]

Also, not to cast blame because maybe it was on the "D", but I got the feeling JD could not stop a beach ball yesterday, especially in the second half. When I checked the box this am, he had a total of 2 saves in the third period and none in the fourth qtr.

I do not agree. Two one goal loses to top "3" teams should not hurt us too much; especially if we win out & ameast tournament. Even if we stumble in ameast like last year {and I DO NOT see this happening}; we still should be a strong top 8. Last year with loses to cuse and maryland by more than one goal we still were a 9 seed.

The America East is just so weak. Hope you are right. Edited by UA'08

The America East is just so weak. Hope you are right.

America East is sixth of eleven conferences and independents - middle of the pack http://www.masseyratings.com/rate.php?s=clax2017&sub=11590&c=1

Watching the replay right now. End of the first half. One last second goal for Maryland in the first quarter. One last second goal in the second period for Maryland. The 50 yard shot for a goal on our 10 min ride for Maryland. A couple of weak defensive plays allowing Maryland a couple of close shot goals. And we only lost by 1 goal with a chance to tie at the end of the game. We are as good as Maryland.

Edited by uofalbany

The America East is just so weak. Hope you are right.

America East is sixth of eleven conferences and independents - middle of the pack http://www.masseyratings.com/rate.php?s=clax2017&sub=11590&c=1

the weak conferences are the maac (no surprise there ;) ) and the nec with no top 30 teams and the matchup of the PIG unless major upsets happen in other conference tournaments. That is included in the link I shared

Edited by bob87

Albany was in a ten man ride. i didn't see who JD was covering, but when the maryland long pole was running clear and getting closer to midfield you would have thought JD would have started to go back towards the cage.

Wing play has been a part to work on all year long.

OK, not used to seeing UA in a 10 man and I'm a relatively new LAX fan. When they did it early in the game it was right in front of me and the Md attacks were screaming and pointing. Looking at the stats

it appears we should have had a good chance to win and it was certainly close. Can't blame it on the shots or the FOs. They have some great athletes and very aggressive defense when our players got

close to the goal. Can't kick about the officiating. Fields showed his wizardry. Rambo is built like a bull. Not sure what this will do in the rankings, but 1 pt losses to two teams in the top 3 should not do

too much damage.

As far as I could tell Albany broke out the 10 man ride for the first time against UMBC last week. I would be interested to learn why, especially since TD was more than holding his own on faceoffs so I don't think we needed to necessarily try to create more offensive opportunities through a 10 man ride.

Due to the explosive offense that we have I couldn't see a reason for the ten man in the first half and even in the second the game was never out of reach. No, I've not seen the 50 yard + long stick shot mentioned outside of this forum. One thing that does not come across on TV was the hitting. There was one shot by a UA player that I could hear 50 yards away and brought an "oooooohhh" from the crowd. So was anybody else there entertained as much as I by the two boys at half time in the dressing/shooting contest? Classic when the winner rips one from about 20 yards out and his shorts promptly go to his ankles. Lol. A classic.

Everybody remember those snazzy football uniforms Maryland had that hurt your eyes? Guess they need something to complain about. Thank goodness they'll never play football at Casey. After hearing You-Albany after every first down and defensive third down they'd go catatonic. Hell, it annoys ME! Bring back the train whistle.