UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Is UAlbany now a lacrosse destination

I ask this based upon a lot of the press I have read over the course of the season, especially after the seeding and win over UNC.

I think everyone who watched lacrosse felt that Hopkins wasn't a 6th seed and Albany wasn't an 8th seed if you believed the eye test, but the eye test doesn't matter, and the current competitive balance in the AE doesn't necessarily help.

To have an elite SOS Albany is going to have to radically change its schedule, although I think we will see Cornell and Harvard be much better which will help, but with the vast majority of the AE sub .500, most conference foes will be a drag. The conference has several great new coaches so I am hopeful this will change.

Just some random questions

1. Is the program big enough to survive Coach Marr leaving? I'm not sure

2. Is UA appealing to non NY student athlete's? Needle moving in that direction

3. Is UA winning battles against Syracuse? Not sure

4. Facilities. Lagging the big boys. No bubble, no indoor facility, no dedicated lacrosse area like the Cordish Center. But does any of that matter???

5. Is the profram sexy for lack of a better word? I think it is getting there. Need to get to the final four

6.What are the limitations of the SUNY system? No idea and with 17 years of team history UA doesn't have the alumni base of other programs.

I think UA has outgrown the America East. It's holding us back. If we lost a Coach Brown or Marr it would be tough. The big boys just recruit the next coach because the Big 10 or ACC is perennial. We are always at risk of losing what we've achieved.

In short we're not there yet where the Albany name is going to sell a recruit.

The Thompsons brought the UAlbany name into the national conversation. What brings UA

to a 'destination' type, is winning a national champion. Stepping into the final four, winning at least one game

in the final four, all help in the quest of becoming a 'destination'.

We have the talent to win the national championship this year.

One game at a time. Each game is going to be a battle. Fight, fight, fight with each and every

ground ball, faceoff, dodge, pass...

We can do it. Go Danes.

Edited by uofalbany

I think UA has outgrown the America East. It's holding us back. If we lost a Coach Brown or Marr it would be tough. The big boys just recruit the next coach because the Big 10 or ACC is perennial. We are always at risk of losing what we've achieved.

In short we're not there yet where the Albany name is going to sell a recruit.

I think you made the million dollar point about Albany having outgrown the American East.

Kkds will go to a Rutgers to play in the Big10. That's why Albany has to make the out of conference games even tougher which means a lot of road trips.

Loyola won a national championship in 2012.. and is in the patriot conference.

Quality program.

Would Loyola be considered a lacrosse 'destination' now?

I'm not sure I'd consider them among the top tier choices of a high quality recruit... or a 'destination'

Any opinions on loyola and/or any comparison to the UA program?

Loyola won a national championship in 2012.. and is in the patriot conference.

Quality program.

Would Loyola be considered a lacrosse 'destination' now?

I'm not sure I'd consider them among the top tier choices of a high quality recruit... or a 'destination'

Any opinions on loyola and/or any comparison to the UA program?

Loyola is an interesting school. Generally, I think most would put it a notch above Albany because of their National Championship and they tend to recruit more kids that you read about in the recruiting rags FWIW.

Ridley is a great lacrosse facility, and overall the Patriot League is a stronger conference then the AE and Loyola year in and year out plays a solid OCC.

This is the best article ever written about any Albany team in any sport. Well..maybe besides that Barstool Sports one...

• Like 1

The top conferences are like California beach front housing. Even in a downturn everybody wants in so "down" is never as long or as severe.

What conference is even possible down the road for Albany as a next step?

Edited by Michigan_Dane