Photo

Let's Fix SEFCU!

• Please log in to reply
232 replies to this topic

#196 godanesgo99

godanesgo99

Great Dane

• Big Purple Fans
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 895 posts

Posted 16 November 2017 - 07:38 AM

Put player stats on the new scoreboard?

UA Class of '99

Go Danes!

#197 UA'08

UA'08

Great Dane

• Big Purple Fans
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,687 posts

Posted 16 November 2017 - 09:35 AM

That could be fixed with those old screens they had in the corners last year.

#198 UAalum72

UAalum72

Great Dane

• Big Purple Fans
  • 7,000 posts

Posted 16 November 2017 - 09:52 AM

You may call it structural, but access from the SEFCU lot needs complete redoing - lighting, signage, ticket sales, handicap access (why have HC parking if you still have to go over curbs and stairs?) and more timely salt on the snow.

And no password for the guest WiFi.

#199 godanesgo99

godanesgo99

Great Dane

• Big Purple Fans
  • 895 posts

Posted 16 November 2017 - 10:00 AM

That could be fixed with those old screens they had in the corners last year.

Or by placing a frame around the video feed with at least the players on the floor and the # of fouls they have, then shorten the spinning UA logo and add a stats screen before/after replays and during time outs?

During the Iona game, I could have sworn that I saw screens with player stats flash for 1 second before going to something else. 

UA Class of '99

Go Danes!

#200 Clickclack

Clickclack

BPF Bracket Challenge Winner

• Big Purple Fans
  • 10,918 posts

Posted 16 November 2017 - 11:03 AM

Wellness-Center-3-NJIT-crop.jpg

#201 Clickclack

Clickclack

• Big Purple Fans
  • 10,918 posts

Posted 16 November 2017 - 11:19 AM

This would be absolute perfection for us...in size etc. I'm not sure about the rest of it, the money spent etc. Simply speaking of look and size. 

Edited by Clickclack, 16 November 2017 - 11:26 AM.

#202 Dane96

Dane96

Great Dane

• Big Purple Fans
  • 5,826 posts

Posted 16 November 2017 - 11:30 AM

Too small. 3500. ;)

Edited by Dane96, 16 November 2017 - 11:31 AM.

#203 uofalbany

uofalbany

Great Dane

• Big Purple Fans
  • 3,960 posts

Posted 16 November 2017 - 11:34 AM

Too small. 3500. ;)

Agree

UA Class of '93

599489_235629683226336_1094172808_n+(2).

#204 UA'08

UA'08

Great Dane

• Big Purple Fans
  • 3,687 posts

Posted 16 November 2017 - 12:34 PM

5k is a perfect number. Renovations for anything bigger than that is a risk.

#205 Eli

Eli

Great Dane

• Big Purple Fans
  • 3,951 posts

Posted 16 November 2017 - 12:56 PM

We don't fill the place now but I'm a proponent of 'future proofing' for anything I do, be it upgrading my electronics at home, automotive, etc. We're at 4,538 right now. If we're going through the trouble of renovating, etc...future proof it a good bit. I'd say 5.5k up to 6K max.

Edited by Eli, 16 November 2017 - 01:03 PM.

GO DANES!!!

#206 UA'08

UA'08

Great Dane

• Big Purple Fans
  • 3,687 posts

Posted 16 November 2017 - 01:15 PM

I was going to post 5-6 originally, but kept it lower so maybe in between. Stony Brook's full reno/gut left them with about the same number of seats. I believe it was less than 4500.

#207 UAalum72

UAalum72

Great Dane

• Big Purple Fans
  • 7,000 posts

Posted 16 November 2017 - 01:25 PM

All of the gray parts of the seating should be purple or gold.
All the seats should be purple or gold, the opposite of the above.
All of the seats should be actual chair backs.  

The gray makes the place look downright ugly.

IIRC when the Knick/Pepsi/TUC opened they said purple or blue seats was a common theme in arenas because they look less empty when unoccupied. See also the look of the gold seats at BOFO

#208 Clickclack

Clickclack

• Big Purple Fans
  • 10,918 posts

Posted 16 November 2017 - 01:29 PM

We don't fill the place now but I'm a proponent of 'future proofing' for anything I do, be it upgrading my electronics at home, automotive, etc. We're at 4,538 right now. If we're going through the trouble of renovating, etc...future proof it a good bit. I'd say 5.5k up to 6K max.

More seats can mean more money...I'd be very happy with 5k in a tight on top of the court type of configuration. 

6 probably to big!

#209 reeder

reeder

Great Dane

• Big Purple Fans
  • 937 posts

Posted 16 November 2017 - 01:51 PM

The St. Joseph's videoboard is the same size as our main videoboard and they have the game video framed by player stats with the score on the bottom.

YAEAFSHYSFGTIRZ.20150908194226.jpg

#210 UAalum72

UAalum72

Great Dane

• Big Purple Fans
  • 7,000 posts

Posted 16 November 2017 - 01:53 PM

6 K also bumping up near the capacity of the lower bowl at TUC which we could use if needed

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users