Photo

2017-18 Season

• Please log in to reply
219 replies to this topic

#211 UAalum72

UAalum72

Great Dane

• Big Purple Fans
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,942 posts

Posted 06 January 2018 - 08:19 PM

I haven't see the Rodger Wyland basketball weekly tv show advertised.. anyone hear anything about it?

I think it starts next week - last year began Jan 13, or was posted to the web site that day

Edited by UAalum72, 06 January 2018 - 08:21 PM.

#212 olddog71

olddog71

Great Dane

• Big Purple Fans
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,992 posts

Posted 06 January 2018 - 09:19 PM

Suggested poll question: Against which opponent will UA score its first conference victory in 2018?

#213 Clickclack

Clickclack

BPF Bracket Challenge Winner

• Big Purple Fans
  • 10,788 posts

Posted 06 January 2018 - 09:51 PM

Suggested poll question: Against which opponent will UA score its first conference victory in 2018?

Better/hopefully happens Wednesday. Uvm and sbu already up two games in loss column and we are two games into the ae slate. Lose Wednesday and top 2 seed probably gone. Uvm isn't gonna lose many games in the ae and sbu will be up 3 in loss column. I thought we'd compete for the #1 seed and home court in playoffs. Right now they look like the 9th best team.

There is very little time to turn the season around and be a contender. #1 seed may have already been lost.

Edited by Clickclack, 06 January 2018 - 09:53 PM.

#214 godanesgo99

godanesgo99

Great Dane

• Big Purple Fans
  • 859 posts

Posted 09 January 2018 - 02:03 AM

Well losses to 2 crappy teams, and UA stays in the Mid-Major Top 25, but falls to 23. UVM gets back into the rankings at 21

I expected worse. 

As I mentioned in another thread, I don't care about the rankings, but they can help attendance (especially students) and seeding when the team puts it together and and dances into March. 

UA Class of '99

Go Danes!

#215 UAalum72

UAalum72

Great Dane

• Big Purple Fans
  • 6,942 posts

Posted 11 January 2018 - 06:44 PM

I haven't see the Rodger Wyland basketball weekly tv show advertised.. anyone hear anything about it?

I think it starts next week - last year began Jan 13, or was posted to the web site that day
This Saturday, 11:30 on MY-4

#216 Dane Pound

Dane Pound

• Big Purple Fans
  • 6,799 posts

Posted 18 January 2018 - 02:40 PM

The home game against Vermont on Feb 8th will be televised on ESPNU.

#217 nysteve661

nysteve661

Dane

• Big Purple Fans
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 292 posts

Posted 20 January 2018 - 05:37 PM

OT: media is going gaga over this kid Trae Young from Oklahoma. He is more inefficient than David. Today he scored 48 but on 14 of 39 shooting and 7 TO. Other day he scored 20 on 8 of 21 and 12 TO's. Kid is shooting way too much but will be a one and done and top 5 pick.
  • Eli likes this

#218 BhillGuy

BhillGuy

Pup

• Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts

Posted 20 January 2018 - 06:37 PM

OT: media is going gaga over this kid Trae Young from Oklahoma. He is more inefficient than David. Today he scored 48 but on 14 of 39 shooting and 7 TO. Other day he scored 20 on 8 of 21 and 12 TO's. Kid is shooting way too much but will be a one and done and top 5 pick.

Log off

#219 Phoenix

Phoenix

Great Dane

• Big Purple Fans
  • 1,440 posts

Posted Yesterday, 11:23 AM

Haha. The guy has a couple games where he doesn't have video games numbers and casual observers are all over him. You conveniently neglected to mention his 12-12 from the FT line..8 assists..5 rebounds..and 2 steals. Still had an offensive rating that game of 117..which is kind of great.

#220 nysteve661

nysteve661

Dane

• Big Purple Fans
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 292 posts

Posted Yesterday, 12:20 PM

He is a talent but even his coach said after the game that they need to move the ball more. When he gets the ball, no one else touches it enough according to his coach and the pundits on ESPN. He has 4 other D1, power 5 scholies on the court with him.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users