UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

[FB] Game 4 - vs Villanova - 9/23 - 7PM

The gold seats are almost always mostly empty. They need to lower the cost of getting those. Every time they show the home side all you see is a bunch of yellow, the other parts of the stadium are usually 80-85% full.

But yeah...I don't understand the sports fans here in our area...

Two solids wins, maybe they'll start coming.

• Like 1

Great Danes Gameday account is good and I've been following it since they started it last season but they don't give play by play updates like we got from board members. THANK YOU ONCE AGAIN FOR THOSE!

In the IT world, there is something call redundancy or fault tolerance. They should put one of those in place for their switches and routers for the stadium. :P

LOL...wish it were so simple. A DR site in the IT world (my company builds these to connect our clients with our two data centers) isn't exactly cheap depending on the connection being used (MPLS is super expensive).

My guess is that once the PE gym gets renovated, they either add fiber conduits for exactly what you are talking about...or they will light up dark fiber and add switches in a comms box somewhere between the two facilities. My guess is that they don't have fiber running under the PE Building.

• Like 1

LOL...wish it were so simple. A DR site in the IT world (my company builds these to connect our clients with our two data centers) isn't exactly cheap depending on the connection being used (MPLS is super expensive).

My guess is that once the PE gym gets renovated, they either add fiber conduits for exactly what you are talking about...or they will light up dark fiber and add switches in a comms box somewhere between the two facilities. My guess is that they don't have fiber running under the PE Building.

I know. I was half joking. I'm hoping though that they will figure something out before renovations so that doesn't happen again. It doesn't need to be as complex as you described as a stop gap, although what you describe is the proper way of doing it.

Great Danes Gameday account is good and I've been following it since they started it last season but they don't give play by play updates like we got from board members. THANK YOU ONCE AGAIN FOR THOSE!

In the IT world, there is something call redundancy or fault tolerance. They should put one of those in place for their switches and routers for the stadium. :P

Without knowing the exact point of the fault its hard to say what level of redundancy is possible. I do this for a living. The farther from content source you go the easier it is to branch out delivery paths. Closer you are to source of content... The more difficult it gets. It sounds like fault was almost directly at source reducing the pathway options out.

For instance if there was a power outage... You can have as many switches in the rack as you want or backup circuits. Your only means of continuing the connection is maybe a ups or generator. If it was a circuit outage you could have an active/active fault tolerance to switch from say direct connection fiber circuit to backup business class modem. This building most likely hangs as a fan of the campus wide network and doesn't have its own direct out.

Edited by Clickclack

Great Win. But in many respects it was a very bizarre game. We had 4 or 5 pass interference calls on us and from my view live, maybe one was legit {I was hoping espn3 watchers would have more to say on these, but perhaps your view not so good.} I think we had two PIs on nova's tying drive. But the most grievous one was a nova receiver on a post pattern ran through two UA defenders, both of whom could have made the int., yet we got called for the PI. Speaking of post patterns, Brunson just missed Diggs on a deep post and I kept wondering why we never went back to that play to try again?

I also thought it bizarre that after Starks made it 6-3 with about 2.5 to go, we "took the points off the board" {usually a no no} and accepted the penalty. It proved to work [sort of], when we got the TD. Personally (and obviously I ain't the coach), I would have taken the points, used the penalty on the kick off to pin nova deep and let the D do it's thing. With our offensive problems inside the 10, we could have easily came away with nothing there (Starks had already missed a chip shot goal earlier & was very lucky to get the point after on the td.) If we had taken the 3 in the bag and pinned nova deep the D would not have played as loose with only a 3 lead, unlike how we did up by 7? Anyhow, my opinion only & food for thought.

But what I really stewed all game about, was on Harris's first catch a nova player grabbed Harris' helmet from behind and yanked it forward. Even if it was accidental,{& it certainly looked intentional} is under 'new concussion rules' grounds for ejection. No call was made; but on Harris' next catch something else happened, I did not see what, and Harris got called for a personal foul. Anyone else see the helmet grab earlier??

Didn't see the helmet grab but on the second one when Harris was tackled he kicked his cleat into the face mask/head area of the tackler as they were trying to separate and get up (probably mad about the play your talking about and retaliating). Big no no. That's Ndomakah Suh nonsense. Not UA football. I 100% agree with Harris getting a flag there.

Edited by Eli

Wait...you mean the Villanova HC...correct?

He was Talley's OC

According g to the Villanova site, the current head coach, Ferrante, was the asst head coach and o line coach. The current OC is also the QB coach, but has been the OC for 19 years. His name is Sam Venuto. I was just saying it to point out how inexperienced Bernard is as an OC in comparison.