UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

MBB Game #1: 11/10/17, 7:00pm - vs. Iona (0-0 MAAC) @ SEFCU

I've got to be honest...what's all the bitching about the intro. 20, 10, 5, heck 2 years ago we would have killed to have professional stuff like this. I think it's great...and I think it makes the program big-time. 3 minutes...who cares...its' advertising...and it's cool.

Oh...and a heck of a win...and Coach really was pretty calm, as he said he would be. Good job by the Purple Family tonight...all around.

Yeah I liked the video, on par with what you see at most schools. I'll watch the championship wins all day everyday. Haha I think the calm quotes were more subtle shots at someone than anything else, I could be wrong though.

I've seen longer in the NBA. I'm 100% happy with the video.

I was listening carefully for Eli and thought I heard a “THAT’S TERRIBLE!!!!” After Edogi shoved a UA guy out of the way and they called the foul on UA. Could be wrong....

I thought we might see some Cochran or Healy last night to match up with the speed of Iona.

Glad to see Costa Anderson getting meaningful minutes. The Iona board is lit up about how poorly they shot from 3, but we threw a lot of bricks last night as well. We will need to shoot the ball better from the outside if this team is going to beat UVM.

Biggest positive from the night had to be Greig Stire. He was an absolute BULL last night. Im excited to see his development. If he can keep that up, along with the power of Foster and finesse of Charles, the bigs can be a major strength of the team. Once Hank gets up to speed and earns some trust, they will be exciting.

Conway was pretty good, but he seems like more of a 3 than a 4.

Edited by godanesgo99
  • Like 1

Nice opening win. Some things to work on obviously. Some questioned low assist numbers; but there were some nice passing, but shots not completed and/or blocked (or fouls not called).

Not to question coach, because game planned and played to a T for the most part. But just for you arm chair qb's out there, I had the feeling we could have run Iona out of the gym if we had chosen to. Opinions Thoughts??

From my perspective the faster the pace became the better Iona played ( look at early in the second half). If keeping Iona out of their rhythm was what CB wanted I think it worked decently.

Nice to beat Iona with Cremo and Nichols just being decent, Charles struggling with turnovers, Devonte not having a good offensive game and Foster, Conway and Clark learning to fit in and play at a more deliberate pace then they are probably use too.

A lot to work on but a winn over the MAAC preseason favorite is always good!!!!

• Like 5

Nice opening win. Some things to work on obviously. Some questioned low assist numbers; but there were some nice passing, but shots not completed and/or blocked (or fouls not called).

Not to question coach, because game planned and played to a T for the most part. But just for you arm chair qb's out there, I had the feeling we could have run Iona out of the gym if we had chosen to. Opinions Thoughts??

I disagree. My guess is that they'd have run UA out if we had played their game. Establishing ourselves in the half court enabled the decisive rebounding advantage, which was the difference.

• Like 2

Conway was pretty good, but he seems like more of a 3 than a 4.

I was wondering that also. If he can play the 4 with his shooting he can create a lot of space for Nichols and Cremo.

It looked like there were times late in the shot clock when the ball went back to Nichols and it seemed like Iona double-teamed him to get the ball out of his hands. I'm guessing he'll see more of that treatment as the season goes on.

• Like 1

Rewatching now, wouldn't be concerned with David Nichols assist line to whoever brought it up earlier. Tracked 4 with a possible 5th he could've had in just the first 13 minutes of the game. Charles open midrange, two Campbell open three's and a Cremo open three.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...