UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Recruiting - 2016

Looking at the roster as it stands right now... this team badly needs another big man. Rowley at 6'8" and Stire at 6'7" and everyone else is 6'6" or shorter. Should be fine in league play, but it would scare me in OOC and the NCAA when Brown gets his 6th this season...

I think it would be nice to get someone in that 6-8 range, but the best graduating rebounder was Hooley at 6-4. Peters gave us 3-3 a game and that's not that hard to replace. The team seems to be getting bigger overall at the

other positions.

UA has always been balanced rebounding wise and by getting bigger on the perimeter should make us a good rebounding team. Cremo rebounds well so if he gets increased minutes his rebound numbers should go up too.

Edited by Patch

So much of rebounding has to do with positioning, boxing out, hustle and desire. At this level there's less of the trees in the middle skying to snatch the ball. Lots of long rebounds off of 3's. Peters played shorter than just about any tall guy we've had over the years and he had limited aggression. It looked good to have a 6-11 guy on the roster but it really didn't translate to 6-11 play on the court. Just another big body to put in the front line. I'll take a 6-6 230 pound guy willing to bang and scrap over that any day.

• Like 1

I agree that rebounding in the America East is less about height and vertical and more about position, sheer desire, and strength. I was looking ahead to being the eventual AE Champs again and wondering how the team will perform in the OOC and the post season.

My desire for a big has less to do with rebounding and more to do shot blocking and overall defense. UA lost the Siena game last year in large part because the team was just not able to match up with the bigs. with Charles and Peters out for that game the team had to go small and as soon as there was foul trouble the team didn't have much to replace Stire and Rowley with. Ennema did a serviceable job at the SF position later in the season, but he just isn't a big man. When is the last time UA had a true shot blocker?

So, it looks like:

PG - Nichols, Hicks

SG - Andrews, Anderson, Cremo

SF - Ennema, Cochran, Campbell

PF/C - Rowley, Stire, Charles, Lands, Martin-Garcia

My guess is Cremo, Stire and Rowley are the only lock starters. My other guess is that Stire or Rowley will almost always be at the 5.

• Like 1

So, it looks like:

PG - Nichols, Hicks

SG - Andrews, Anderson, Cremo

SF - Ennema, Cochran, Campbell

PF/C - Rowley, Stire, Charles, Lands, Martin-Garcia

My guess is Cremo, Stire and Rowley are the only lock starters. My other guess is that Stire or Rowley will almost always be at the 5.

I think you'll see stire and Rowley going 30 minutes a game at 4 and 5 and the rest of the bigs filling the 3 and 4 spots. Stire and Rowley will ear up more than half the available minutes at 4 and 5 pending foul trouble.

A lot of factors at play..but my guess is there will be a little more minutes available in the backcourt than that. Even with the depth issues this year..Rowley played 29 mpg and Stire 23.

Only 10 players in the conference averaged at least 31.5 mpg this year. Probably 25ish+ total minutes available would be my uneducated guess.