UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Vermont top 25 vote -AP

No, their best win is over #88 Yale, they're 0-4 vs. top 75. Mid-majors probably need RPI in the 30s for an at-large.

Stony Brook got a vote last year, UMBC in 2008, UVM in 2007. "Getting a top 25 vote" is not the same thing as "making the top 25."

Edited by UAalum72
  • Like 1

Being in the top 25 or receiving votes is not a metric that the selection committee uses. SMU got left out of the NCAA tournament a few years ago and they were ranked. A similar situation occurred with Utah State in the mid 2000s.

For a team from the AE to get an at large, the conference RPI would probably need to be around 15, with the team getting an at large going 28-3 type record before the conference tournament with a few top 50/100 wins and an RPI around 30s.

Still, it has to be fun to look at the RPI if you're a Vermont fan:

down.gif -1 60 Boise St. 14-7 0.5710 91 0.5324 Mwest 8-3 up.gif +1 61 Vermont 20-5 0.5701 199 0.4846 Aeast 11-0 down.gif -4 62 Pittsburgh 12-11 0.5700 7 0.6088 Acc 1-9 down.gif -9 63 Georgia 12-11 0.5698 18 0.5947 Sec 4-7 up.gif +8 64 Syracuse 16-9 0.5692 47 0.5624 Acc 8-4 up.gif +2 65 Georgetown

I guess my sarcasm didn't come through via my text. I am well aware ONE vote in the top 25 not getting an at large bid. Just thought it was quite uncommon to see an AE team with even that.

We prefer in your face sarcasm here on BPF. Like if you accompanied the post with a GIF of a moose tripping over a guard rail in a snowstorm, or Champ devouring Burlington.....that would have clued us in LOL.

• Like 2