UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

1/25 Double Header Sunday & Coaches Cure CF Game

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did anyone notice the Umbc center refuse to shake hands with peters before the tip?

Yes, and the crowd reacted to it.

The Pep Band must've had 45 players today. I don't think we've had that many in the marching band. Waiting for the box score to find out the attendance - maybe 3,200?

Kind of a lackluster rout, sure didn't have the fire that the women's game had. UA and UH women are going to get into a brawl one of these days.

Did anyone notice the Umbc center refuse to shake hands with peters before the tip?

The Pep Band must've had 45 players today. I don't think we've had that many in the marching band. Waiting for the box score to find out the attendance - maybe 3,200?

Kind of a lackluster rout, sure didn't have the fire that the women's game had. UA and UH women are going to get into a brawl one of these days.

3772 is pretty solid. Would have been nice to get 4k. I think if siena didn't have a 2pm game we may have hit 4k. Game wasn't even close. Sanders had a nice steal and dunk. This is a very unselfish team.

Singletary is logging so many min these past three games and I think it's caught up with him in his shooting. Hopefully the whole team can get some rest before vermont.

Any word on status of rowleys head injury?

3772 is pretty solid. Would have been nice to get 4k. I think if siena didn't have a 2pm game we may have hit 4k. Game wasn't even close. Sanders had a nice steal and dunk. This is a very unselfish team.

Singletary is logging so many min these past three games and I think it's caught up with him in his shooting. Hopefully the whole team can get some rest before vermont.

Box Score says 3772 in attendance.

.@UAHOOPSWB said Mike Rowley isn't concussed after hitting his head on the court earlier. Will monitor overnight though

Edited by MsGDG

I can't blame Hartford if they felt a little disrespected. Up 24 points with under a minute to go, and Coach Abe still had four of five starters out there, and she was trapping at half-court.

Is she angry she didn't get recruited to UConn as a player, and thought to exact her revenge on Rizzoti?

Anyhow, a super-entertaining game. When Albany was running out the last ten seconds of game clock you could see that one of the Hartford players wanted to foul Royals...hard. That return game will be one to watch.

Saint Jen, former UConn player, and Hartford used to be the Star of the America East. Last four years not so much. She's the biggest ref-worker in the league, and I think the stripes let the game get out of control. Things have gotten testy the last few times I've seen the two teams play.

First time two Albany women have scored thirty on one game.

At the end of the men's game, the guys behind me were wondering why Will didn't empty the bench for the last four minutes, considering Hooley's gone. Really just a 7-man rotation plus Peters with 12 minutes. Sam, Dallas and Evan with over thirty minutes.

Box Score says 3772 in attendance.

.@UAHOOPSWB said Mike Rowley isn't concussed after hitting his head on the court earlier. Will monitor overnight though

That's good news. I haven't seen a ref call out the medical staff that quickly in a game.

Some different lineups out there tonight, either out of necessity or experimenting with things. Quiet scoring night for Evan Singletary but he is starting to do more and more. Rebounding, running the offense and defending. It's pretty amazing how quickly he's developed. He's the kind of player that you know nothing crazy is going to happen when he's on the floor.

Extended minutes for Wheeler Baker shows he's getting back into the flow of things after the flu. He's showed a little more restraint than earlier in the season and ran some offense instead of popping a quick three.

Really like the way Stire plays. Know his role, pays attention to detail and just works. He turned from posting his guy to sealing him for other people's drives a bunch of times tonight. No real stat for that other than it's a play that helps you win.

At the end of the men's game, the guys behind me were wondering why Will didn't empty the bench for the last four minutes, considering Hooley's gone. Really just a 7-man rotation plus Peters with 12 minutes. Sam, Dallas and Evan with over thirty minutes.

I thought that also. CB said in the presser that he didn't like the way we practiced yesterday. Maybe trying to send a message?

Thank you to all you donated to the CF event tonight through the auction or the 50/50. Ended up raising almost $5K. Great to see the UA community raise $17K over the past two home games for great causes.

Great job by you and Mr. GDG! Bravo!

Goes back to the great alums and fan base the school has. Very cool to see the support.

Just missed the 50/50 last night!!!! UGH....haha

I thought for sure Mike was concussed..could hear his head hit from the parking lot..

couple fans behind me, neutral with UA folks were verbally ripping coach ABE and blamed her for what happened not taking out starters...I tended to agree to a point...

Wheeler has some serious moxy...and I like it...

very good atmosphere....was annoyed the announcer screwed up the music for the cheer team...since my daughter is one of the studs...haha