UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

MBB: @ Vermont 1/28

We won two back to back years. 07-08 and 08-09 I believe.

Pretty sure you're right. The first year was the game with the Brian Lillis dunk that made Sportcenter's Top 10.

On the bright side, I think we have more wins at Patrick Gym in the regular season than anyone in the conference.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We won two back to back years. 07-08 and 08-09 I believe.

Pretty sure you're right. The first year was the game with the Brian Lillis dunk that made Sportcenter's Top 10.

On the bright side, I think we have more wins at Patrick Gym in the regular season than anyone in the conference.

And the game where Anthony Raffa got into it with their fans lol

Now, the regular conference season games actually mean a hell of a lot.

Clack says that we won't go undefeated in conference play... something I favor. A loss brings a team back down to earth a bit.

But let's not take a loss against uvm. Tough game but we can take the win in Burlington.

I personally don't subscribe to the notion that you need to lose to be brought down to earth. Win every game you possible can, hopefully the coaches can keep them humbled and focused. No reason to suspect so far they can't.

No game I ever played in... soccer, basketball, or baseball (football pickup games)... that we didn't go in expecting to win or have a shot at winning.

A loss always pissed me off, left a bad taste in the mouth, and made me that much hungrier. It never casted doubt about winning any other games or created a mindset of possibly losing.

Maybe I shouldn't say I favor a loss.... but it can act as a reminder. Teams in all levels of sports have fallen victim to eventually losing at a critical juncture, from the side effects of going undefeated and subsequent 'expectation'.

That said, UA is good enough to win every conference and tournament game they play. Time to put an ass whoopin on uvm in their home building.

gonna be honest...as tough a place as it is to win.....I'd be disappointed if we lose given the fact outside of Hector and O'Day they are playing alot of Frosh....this game with Pete out may the game it shows up...hope not...

UVM has done an amazing job of retooling after losing so much from last year. They are a very good team and this is going to be a very tough game. I won't say I won't be disappointing if we don't win but I can see it happening. They are a solid team.

This is our third road "showdown" game in just over a week - SBU, Hartford and now Vermont. I wonder what's left in the tank for this game. Also, the road trip to Vermont on Wed and then to Maine on Saturday - yikes.

That said, this team has surprised me this year with how well they played and the composure. If they can walk out of the lion's den with a win anything is possible.