UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Albany (3-2) - Albany Cup 2016 - Sun 11/27 @ 7PM

Eli

Still feels good morning after!!

It sure does! Here's some interesting numbers. The annual UA game accounts for 40% of LCC's 10K+ crowds at the TUC. UA has 93 conference championships since going D1, while LCC has 43 since joining the MAAC. That's about 1.5 per year for LCC and 5.5 per year for UA. Div 1 success isn't even close between the two schools. What LCC has is a larger fan base for BB and a couple of more impressive round one wins. That's about it. Oh, and a larger home arena.

What was the proportion of LCC to UA fans at SEFCU tonight? I couldn't get sound on my video output, so I have no idea what the breakdown was.

My sound on ESPN3 feed was great. 75-25 would be my guess. This was scheduled on a terrible day. If the students were not coming back off break, it would have been more electric.

Thanks, Dane

I was watching the game on the AE site. Stupid me! If there is another SEFCU meeting, UA should dictate the terms, such as the date.

I watched the ladies game on the AE site, and part of the soccer match and men's game on the ESPN3 site.

Huge difference.

Ok, refresh my memory. The current contract is a 3 year deal, with Albany getting only getting one home game, $iena getting two, correct?

Benson better pound out a fair deal next time!

Every other year or forget it.

As for Cremo, you gotta love this kid.

Great day for the Danes. By the way, yesterday gives the 2016 head to head annual cup to Albany..... UA 6 $iena 2

The last year of this contract is a tournament at the Tuc.

What was the proportion of LCC to UA fans at SEFCU tonight? I couldn't get sound on my video output, so I have no idea what the breakdown was.

My sound on ESPN3 feed was great. 75-25 would be my guess. This was scheduled on a terrible day. If the students were not coming back off break, it would have been more electric.

Thanks, Dane

I was watching the game on the AE site. Stupid me! If there is another SEFCU meeting, UA should dictate the terms, such as the date.

I watched the ladies game on the AE site, and part of the soccer match and men's game on the ESPN3 site.

Huge difference.

Ok, refresh my memory. The current contract is a 3 year deal, with Albany getting only getting one home game, $iena getting two, correct?

Great day for the Danes. By the way, yesterday gives the 2016 head to head annual cup to Albany..... UA 6 $iena 2

Iorizzo column says "back to the TU Center next year in what technically will be a neutral site". If that means it's not in their season ticket package and there's an equal distribution of tickets, fine.

• Like 1

I can understand the bitterness. When your program is basically a one-trick pony and you lose the one most important game with the future prospects not so bright, then how else can you feel?

But it's not the most important game. It's UA's superbowl. Siena doesn't care about this game or this series...............................................

*crickets*

Freakin Siena fans. They are the worst. Some of the most ignorant people in Albany, as far as sports goes. People on their forum were calling SEFCU a dump. I honestly don't know why anyone would. Other than the capacity, it's a decent place with not a bad view from any seat. The only sucky thing is that not all of the seats are chairbacks. And maybe the scoreboard. Hardly a dump. Long in the tooth and will get a remodel sooner than later, but they can pound salt with their comments. The TUC isn't all that special either...not like it's MSG or something.

Edited by Eli
  • Like 1

Thanks, Dane

Huge difference.

Iorizzo column says "back to the TU Center next year in what technically will be a neutral site". If that means it's not in their season ticket package and there's an equal distribution of tickets, fine.

I don't even want that. I want a full home and home, we get 100% of the cut and they get 100% of the cut back and forth, every other year. A few weeks ago I was amicable to the 'neutral' game...or putting the UA court on the TUC floor...but nah. This belongs at our place every other year. Yesterday was fun.

Also, it needs to be in the 1st or 2nd week of December like it was for years, not on a holiday weekend. If Siena tries to tell us that they can't do it, screw em. We dictate the approximate day it takes place now and give them a range of days to pick from. Otherwise, good luck finding someone else to bring in 10k.

Losers. Literally.

Their forum is disintegrating into personal insults with a mix of politics thrown in. They are losin it! lol. Freakin hilarious. Yet we're the step child. Our sports programs are quite literally untouchable in Albany. They aren't even the same zip code as us.

Also, crying about paid parking, etc. including something about UA charging regular cars $10 and handicapped cars $20 (which I find extremely hard to believe even with our blunder of the bag policy, seats, etc.). They are looking for any reason to feel good about themselves and they can't really find anything so they are (more likely) making things up lol.

Edited by Eli

http://www.sienasaints.com/sports/m-baskbl/recaps/112716aaa.html

I watched the post game news conference with J Patsos. Marquis Wright is sitting at the side of this blow hard and his body language is very telling.

Didn't like reading this part:

"However in a complete 180, the Saints shot a blistering 73.9% in scoring 52 second half points as they slowly chipped away. Clareth capped a late 18-8 run with a short baseline jumper to rally Siena as close as four, 76-72 with 94 seconds remaining.

But the Great Danes, who themselves shot 59.1% in the second half and 51.9% for the game, matched the Saints almost shot for shot. "

Granted we shot the ball well too...but 73.9%? No bueno.

We need better D...

What kind of 'tournament' is next years game a part of???????

It BETTER NOT be a part of their season ticket package....

I tell you what..... if the game two years from now is NOT at UAlbany.... cancel the series.

What would the record be of we didn't travel to the Tuc for 15 years. Home and home or walk away! I will NOT be at any Tuc game that is part of any agreement other then home and home.

• Like 1

Their forum is disintegrating into personal insults with a mix of politics thrown in. They are losin it! lol. Freakin hilarious. Yet we're the step child. Our sports programs are quite literally untouchable in Albany. They aren't even the same zip code as us.

It is COMICAL! I never read their board but last night and this morning has been very fun to read. One guy finally admits our Athletic Department is far superior to Siena's and he got roasted, told he was bleeding purple and gold and he could have the season tickets they bought to UA games at a discount. I love it that some went out and bought UA season tickets just to watch their team get beat.

Step Child? Too funny.

http://uofalbany.blogspot.com/2009/01/ualbany-vs-siena-annual-series.html

Hmmm What is it with this whine about parking cost? What do the parking garages around the T-U cost? I seem to remember dropping a $10 spot when I parked there...... (And had to schlep drums in from there for several of the 1st years. ) A rewarding night to be a Great Dane fan!

• Like 1

"Slowly becoming the 2nd rate program in the Capital District that is on the Admin....."

Read more: http://sienahoop.proboards.com/thread/4891/siena-ua?page=15#ixzz4RJsOXP8A"\

LMAO. HAHAHAHAHA.

Slowly?!?!? Slowly?!?!?

How about...been 2nd rate for years.

But, at least they are starting to understand the implications....

Edited by Dane96
  • Like 2