UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Albany (1-1) vs. D3 Oneonta 8pm

If nothing else, last night we got to see the debut of Terrel Martin-Garcia who doesn't seem shy about shooting.

I'm not crazy about these types of games but early the season with a bunch of newer players it seemed OK to have an exhibition-type game. I hoped guys like Grayson would get some minutes and feel more comfortable but that didn't seem to happen. Hopefully it will soon.

See Costa Anderson for the first time I had to wonder why he hasn't got more minutes so far. He played defense with some energy and seemed to know what he wanted to do within the offense.

Garcia impressed me. He had some sweet moves to the basket for as big as he is and obviously has the range since he took two 3's and hit one of them and Brown didn't yell at him for either one. He had 11 points and 6 boards in 10 minutes or something like that.

Nice player to have for depth purposes, that's for sure.

It will be nice to have that contribution come conference time.

Those complaining about playing a DIII, {in my opinion should give it a rest.} Obviously it is not ideal BUT:

almost 3200 fans showed up

the game has no bearing on our RPI, but even if it did so what at this point in the season

a lot of players got some game experience

the regulars got a bit of a breather in what is a really tough opening stretch

it is very difficult to get teams to come to sefcu [getting home games of any sort has been an issue for years, even DII & III era; do you think playing rpi, union & skidmore multiple times in a season (sometimes as many as 3-4 times in a season) was strictly by choice.]

and as Bob Ford use to say, "I'd play anyone, anywhere, even in the middle of Western Ave." and a lot of us fans are just HAPPY to watch.

Edited by dslyank
  • Like 1

Since it's not an AE requirement and I misunderstood...why is Brown feeling he needs to do this? Free practice game for the team? It was BRUTAL to watch. We played down to the competition (we resembled the 2nd half Cincy team) and we still beat them by 200. If we played like we did the whole Penn State game, the refs probably would have stopped the game lol.

Big thing to remember is this is an extra game for us. Tough to get teams to come to us at this point, we're not a pushover. Patsos actually did a good job of breaking this down on his radio appearance this week, most won't even do a 2 and 1, they want a 3 and 1. When it becomes a series you're most likely losing out on the "pay for play" which means those 3 years you're not making money to go and visit a high major.

We're just stuck in a hard spot right now, probably would've had one less home game without this one. League should 100% ban regular season games that aren't D1.

So looking into tickets for Mohegan sun games and theres no way to get tickets for just the second session?

There are 8 of us going and we bucked up for the full day secondary market tickets since it is sold out. Stupid me for not buying the day they went onsale. There was no option I could find to buy just tickets to the night session.

Better off buying the ticket off a person from the day session who can careless about the other games lol.

For 1 or 2 of us, yes. For 8 of us, some traveling pretty far, we didn't want to take that chance. Most are leaving Sunday so I will try that.

As for Patsos, he should really just stop talking. I don't get his infatuation or any of their fan's infatuation with our program. Worry about your own team.

Those complaining about playing a DIII, {in my opinion should give it a rest.} Obviously it is not ideal BUT:

almost 3200 fans showed up

the game has no bearing on our RPI, but even if it did so what at this point in the season

a lot of players got some game experience

the regulars got a bit of a breather in what is a really tough opening stretch

it is very difficult to get teams to come to sefcu [getting home games of any sort has been an issue for years, even DII & III era; do you think playing rpi, union & skidmore multiple times in a season (sometimes as many as 3-4 times in a season) was strictly by choice.]

and as Bob Ford use to say, "I'd play anyone, anywhere, even in the middle of Western Ave." and a lot of us fans are just HAPPY to watch.

Everything you wrote sounds reasonable to me. In past seasons I have read another reason. Teams need to play regularly in order to keep sharp and maintain their edge. Maybe last night 's performance wasn't really fulfilling this goal.

So looking into tickets for Mohegan sun games and theres no way to get tickets for just the second session?

There are 8 of us going and we bucked up for the full day secondary market tickets since it is sold out. Stupid me for not buying the day they went onsale. There was no option I could find to buy just tickets to the night session.

Better off buying the ticket off a person from the day session who can careless about the other games lol.

For 1 or 2 of us, yes. For 8 of us, some traveling pretty far, we didn't want to take that chance. Most are leaving Sunday so I will try that.

As for Patsos, he should really just stop talking. I don't get his infatuation or any of their fan's infatuation with our program. Worry about your own team.

As for patsos he is just a turkey and agree he should just shut up. He is a joke.

As far as the lcc fans they always have been obsessed with Albany. I had barely heard of them before we went d1 and they immediately obsessed over saying we would never accomplish what they had as if they had actually accomplished anything.

On sunday I will see in person my 8th different danes sports team play in the NCAA tournament and hopefully see the 4th different sport win an ncaa tournament game in person.

I also have seen both our basketball teams in person win in a big 10 arena and countless other things while lcc continues to be more and more irrelevant each passing year.

Bring back the bracket buster.

I think the CBI, CIT and NIT should adopt the scheduling idea of the bracket buster. Last year, Ohio U. got a home game against us in the CBI. Part of the deal should be that they have to play us in Albany this year.

• Like 1

Bring back the bracket buster.

I think the CBI, CIT and NIT should adopt the scheduling idea of the bracket buster. Last year, Ohio U. got a home game against us in the CBI. Part of the deal should be that they have to play us in Albany this year.

Only problem is that the CBI and CIT is they are paying for the home game.