UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Albany (3-2) - Albany Cup 2016 - Sun 11/27 @ 7PM

Eli

It might just be my positivity..but it seems like the pricing has worked just fine. My guess is the idea was to make the most money off this game as possible. The game will sell out..almost certainly before game day. To be blunt..it doesn't matter if 10,000 or 7,000 or even one person more than capacity would be willing to pay the prices..just that it sells out..which it will. Supply and demand isn't always linear. If the ticket prices were lower..the department would be generating less money from this game..pretty straight-forward.

Siena tried to stick it to the university by saying this date was the only one available for them. That means less people would be able to attend..students included. Not hard to figure out that's what Siena wanted. But the university will sell..and basically has already..the ~5,000 tickets available for the game.

3500. Should have just lowered prices and sold the 1k student tickets to te public for $20 in the end zones.

It seems like haggy's more the betting man..but I think you'd lose a good chunk of change if you wagered that the attendance will be closer to 3,500 than a sellout.

• Like 1

So we are all going to chip in 5 bucks and buy the single chairback available behind the Siena bench right? We could have some serious fun with that seat.

My nomination: Ilko...although I hear he might not be as loud as he thinks he is!

Lies! Blasphemy!

But you better believe it...I am bringing EVERYTHING I got. I shall be heard! If anyone had any good one liners they want hollered...message me and I'll see what I can do ??

It might just be my positivity..but it seems like the pricing has worked just fine. My guess is the idea was to make the most money off this game as possible. The game will sell out..almost certainly before game day. To be blunt..it doesn't matter if 10,000 or 7,000 or even one person more than capacity would be willing to pay the prices..just that it sells out..which it will. Supply and demand isn't always linear. If the ticket prices were lower..the department would be generating less money from this game..pretty straight-forward.

Siena tried to stick it to the university by saying this date was the only one available for them. That means less people would be able to attend..students included. Not hard to figure out that's what Siena wanted. But the university will sell..and basically has already..the ~5,000 tickets available for the game.

3500. Should have just lowered prices and sold the 1k student tickets to te public for $20 in the end zones.

It seems like haggy's more the betting man..but I think you'd lose a good chunk of change if you wagered that the attendance will be closer to 3,500 than a sellout.

3500 sold. The other 1000 are for students. Are we to assume that 1000 will automatically show?

Yeah don't get the obsession with attendance

Tickets went on sale to the public on Monday and now the complaint is although they will probably be sold out by game time that they didn't sell out quick enough.

For a Sunday night against a lowly maac team on a holiday weekend with tickets prices that are much higher than a maac opponent deserves ticket sales seem to be more than fine.

I just want to see the team win as many games as possible including Sunday and for Sundays visitor to have as many losses and suspensions as possible

Edited by bob87
  • Like 1

The biggest problem I have with buying seats now is that it is so hard to buy multiples next to each other. Who wants to sit across the arena from the people you are going with? I'm good with my season tickets, and I'm looking forward to hearing llko sitting 2 rows in front of me screaming (he is loud when you are close) but I have friends that are casual fans that don't feel like sitting alone.

Edited by godanesgo99
  • Like 1

Tickets went on sale to the public on Monday and now the complaint is although they will probably be sold out by game time that they didn't sell out quick enough.

For a Sunday night against a lowly maac team on a holiday weekend with tickets prices that are much higher than a maac opponent deserves ticket sales seem to be more than fine.

I just want to see the team win as many games as possible including Sunday and for Sundays visitor to have as many losses and suspensions as possible

It's my pessimism that comes with being a met fan. Pastos got that right. I'll be there Sunday and it'll be good either way.

It's my pessimism that comes with being a met fan. Pastos got that right. I'll be there Sunday and it'll be good either way.

That is you.

As a mets fan I appreciate when the built the team right. It doesn't happen often. And I don't appreciate arrogance out of Yankee teams and certainly not out of a team as irrelevant as LCC.

3500 sold. The other 1000 are for students. Are we to assume that 1000 will automatically show?

Every student pays nearly $600 a year in fees specifically for Athletics. That's why they get free tickets..because they have already paid. It's college athletics and they're college students. I don't think it's the best idea to sell or giveaway their tickets because someone feels that not enough go to games..especially ones that aren't scheduled around their class/dorm schedule. (And I'm not necessarily advocating that games should be scheduled around them)

I cant see how close to 1000 students dont show up. In 2000-04 when I was at UA I was the only one of my friends (would grab one other) that attended a regular game at the RACC. All of my friends and large % of frat, aquaintances would attend the Syracuse and/or Siena game at the Pepsi Arena? Cant see how after all the success & recognition that 1000 would be difficult ON CAMPUS? Well see I guess! Lets go danes and have fun to all on here who will be attending!