UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Will Brown

I'll believe Hooley is back when I see him on the roster to start next season. Weird things happen with 5th year seniors. No one really saw Aronhalt leaving, but he did. Call me crazy, but if he wants to really get into journalism and communications for a future career he could look to head to Syracuse for his masters. It's an insane thought. I know lol.

yeah, you're wrong...Brown, Hooley himself have already said he's coming back. I have very little doubt about this.

I believe Logan left cuz UA didnt have what he wanted correct??? Peter said in his interview on TV he was coming back to UA to get his Masters and he even said he wants to play pro ball, over in Europe...he will HAVE TO PLAY next year in order to accomplish that....I ahve zero worries that anything will change..and the Browns are so involved in this community, I'd be shocked if he left

I'm surprised Fordham hasn't dropped down to the Patriot or something like that yet.

Would cause a major fan revolt. Many of them are convinced that Fordham going to the Patriot League the first time from 1990-95, when the PL was non-scholarship, set their program back years.

The Fordham forum has multiple, multi-page threads about finding a new coach. I think Pecora was making about $750K, more than double Will's pay here, though in a higher-cost area.

I believe Logan left cuz UA didnt have what he wanted correct??? Peter said in his interview on TV he was coming back to UA to get his Masters and he even said he wants to play pro ball, over in Europe...he will HAVE TO PLAY next year in order to accomplish that....I ahve zero worries that anything will change..and the Browns are so involved in this community, I'd be shocked if he left

Logan left because we didn't offer the degree he wanted to get, pretty sure you are correct.

13 coaches on the rise in the 2015 NCAA Tournament

http://www.yardbarker.com/college_basketball/articles/13_coaches_on_the_rise_in_the_2015_ncaa_tournament/18474584?linksrc=story_home_module_head_18474584

Will Brown, Albany

The 43-year-old has been at Albany for 13 seasons, taking the Great Danes to their only five NCAA Tournament trips in school history. He’s currently riding a three-year streak in the field. One oddity: Albany is doing this almost entirely through the America East tournament. The Great Danes haven’t won a conference regular season title since 2006.

EDIT: Though as Will tweeted... "we won the regular season this year!"

Edited by MsGDG

13 coaches on the rise in the 2015 NCAA Tournament

http://www.yardbarker.com/college_basketball/articles/13_coaches_on_the_rise_in_the_2015_ncaa_tournament/18474584?linksrc=story_home_module_head_18474584

Will Brown, Albany

The 43-year-old has been at Albany for 13 seasons, taking the Great Danes to their only five NCAA Tournament trips in school history. He’s currently riding a three-year streak in the field. One oddity: Albany is doing this almost entirely through the America East tournament. The Great Danes haven’t won a conference regular season title since 2006.

andd that last part is incorrect.

Logan left because we didn't offer the degree he wanted to get, pretty sure you are correct.

But if you want to be in media/journalism, everyone knows the best are northwestern and cuse.

We've been through this rodeo several times. I've learned to just let things play out. No need to stress about it. Nothing we can do about it. If he got a great opportunity, no one would fault him for that, and we would be very grateful for his help in taking our program to the next level.

With that being said, retaining a lot of the roster, and bringing in Cremo, it would be hard to justify leaving now, unless it's an amazing opportunity. Certainly wouldn't fault him for wanting a nice raise though :)

We've been through this rodeo several times. I've learned to just let things play out. No need to stress about it. Nothing we can do about it. If he got a great opportunity, no one would fault him for that, and we would be very grateful for his help in taking our program to the next level.

With that being said, retaining a lot of the roster, and bringing in Cremo, it would be hard to justify leaving now, unless it's an amazing opportunity. Certainly wouldn't fault him for wanting a nice raise though :)

I'm here as well, hope he stays but this job is incredibly attractive with this roster...sure, maybe some will leave but not the core. We'll hopefully make the right hire, we've done well so far in other sports and keep going. Not every year will be like this but I don't think we collapse without Will. Sure, this is his program, he built it and I hope he stays but there is a tradition of excellence here.