UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Anyone have an actual time for the Spring Game on the 16th?

Also, it says a LOT about Cook when a Penn State transfer is being beaten out for the starting job by a guy who didn't even have spring practice last year and only started 4 games.

How the heck did that kid even get to Penn State? I wasn't a HUGE fan of Fiacchi...but Fiacchi was light years ahead of both of these guys.

Anyone have an actual time for the Spring Game on the 16th?

Noon, part of the Spring Stomp, followed by baseball vs. St. Peter's at 3:00, women's lax at 4:00 vs. Lowell, and men's lacrosse at 7:00 vs. Binghamton
2016 SPRING PRACTICE SCHEDULE
March 22 – 3 p.m.
March 24 – 3 p.m.
March 26 – 8:30 a.m.
March 29 – 3 p.m.
March 31 – 3 p.m.
April 2 – 10 a.m.
April 5 – 3 p.m.
April 7 – 3 p.m.
April 9 – 10 a.m.
April 12 – 3 p.m.
April 14 – 3 p.m.
April 16 – 12 p.m. – Spring Game
April 19 – 3 p.m.
April 21 – 3 p.m.
April 23 – 12 p.m.
*Practice dates and times are subject to change due to weather
  • Like 1

The Website roster doesn't help -- it is the same one from the Fall, as far as I can tell. I had hoped that it would have been updated to show the players actually here, on the team, on the field, including transfers and freshmen who enrolled in January, but not seniors who have finished eligibility, or drop-out / kicked-off players. One of my alma maters -- a lower-level FBS school in Texas with a new coach -- does it that way, reflecting the roster as it really is as of today.

Remember that Crook was a walk-on (I guess a preferred walk-on) so it wasn't like they had him on a scholarship. Anyway I hope that the Sussman-Brunson combo has more success.

Right, but from what I remember (could be recalling incorrectly) he was second on their depth chart and played in a few games. Walk-on's who are just there for the defensive players to beat up on in practice don't accomplish that. Kid obviously had some talent...or Penn State had no other options lol.

hate to beat a dead horse, but has there been any finality to the Gontarik situation that I missed??? Has coach even answered any questions regarding him???

Curious about this too. Don't condone what he did, but he was a helluva player. We need him.

From what I read, Crook got to play because they knew Hackenburg was going to start and they wanted to protect a couple of freshmen so they could redshirt them. He played in mop up

duty. Still, I figured having a year under his belt as a back up at the FBS level should have prepared him for this level.

• Like 1

Noticing that they are wearing the alternate helmets for Spring Practice. Are those going to become the norm? Like the Unis, dont really like the helmets as they are a bit bland and lacking personality.

Now if they really wanted to shake something up and put Damien on them...

• Like 1

Spring Football Central now includes the Spring Roster. Gontarek not listed.

BTW I still object to the new helmet being some kind of cranberry color. How hard is it to tell a supplier the official color is Purple 269 on the Pantone Matching System?

Sayonara Gontarek. Too bad, what could have been. All for marijuana which will probably be legal in the next 2-3 years nationwide lol.

Edited by Eli