UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Post-Season CIT: St. Peter's @ UA Thursday at 7pm

St. Peter's only had four turnovers, we had 12 and I bet at least five were completely unforced - passes mistimed or four feet too high, falling down on the floor, etc.

T-U says attendance was "a ho-hum crowd of 641"

Brown says he's not looking for another job but his ears are open.

http://www.timesunion.com/sports/article/UAlbany-men-lose-to-St-Peter-s-in-CIT-to-end-11008332.php

The one coach in the country that will give you an honest answer!

Hope that was worth the money. Hopefully this is the last time we play in these retarded tournaments. Ncaa, nit or go home...

Clack,

How I want to argue against you; but I find myself coming over to your side on this. I have always felt in a one bid conference it was an honor, reward and extra experience to get any sort of bid. Now after 3 eggs in cit/cbi with fans not showing (not talking about you--just in general) and the team "questionable" whether they showed up for any of these three bids, I am getting very discouraged.

If a team is in a multi-bid conference it certainly is a slap to be awarded/asked to cit/cbi. But for a one bid conference, it should NOT be looked down upon. But I guess I am wrong! I am starting to believe if the team cannot get up for these games and the fan base does not appear to enjoy them Why Play at all?

As far as last night, as bad as the officiating was (see traveling call & others mentioned); I think UA simply did not show up. The press and Pete's coach are all saying the politically correct things, that UA played hard. Personally, I did not see it that way.

Go Danes Lacrosse!

Edited by dslyank

Yes, it was that bad last night. I've never seen anything close.

Yep. #35 went to the line on like 4 straight trips down the floor. It was insanity. And on one of those, he Lebron his way to the basket from damn near the 3pt line.

St. Peter's only had four turnovers, we had 12 and I bet at least five were completely unforced - passes mistimed or four feet too high, falling down on the floor, etc.

http://www.timesunion.com/sports/article/UAlbany-men-lose-to-St-Peter-s-in-CIT-to-end-11008332.php

Turnovers exacerbated the ref issues, for sure. Would have won the game without those, but also would have won the game if we went to the line our usual amount.

If I'm WB I ask Benson, what is the game plan for this program down the road?? Are we more focused into pouring money into FCS football or basketball?

Should be both. Brown is getting small upgrades to the arena it seems like every year now. First the screens, then the digital scoreboards, now a new main scoreboard from the rafters. Casey is pretty much brand new still...we just need to keep doing what we're doing, winning games, and hopefully adding 100-200-300 regular fans each season for both sports.

Hope that was worth the money. Hopefully this is the last time we play in these retarded tournaments. Ncaa, nit or go home...

Clack,

How I want to argue against you; but I find myself coming over to your side on this. I have always felt in a one bid conference it was an honor, reward and extra experience to get any sort of bid. Now after 3 eggs in cit/cbi with fans not showing (not talking about you--just in general) and the team "questionable" whether they showed up for any of these three bids, I am getting very discouraged.

If a team is in a multi-bid conference it certainly is a slap to be awarded/asked to cit/cbi. But for a one bid conference, it should NOT be looked down upon. But I guess I am wrong! I am starting to believe if the team cannot get up for these games and the fan base does not appear to enjoy them Why Play at all?

As far as last night, as bad as the officiating was (see traveling call & others mentioned); I think UA simply did not show up. The press and Pete's coach are all saying the politically correct things, that UA played hard. Personally, I did not see it that way.

Go Danes Lacrosse!

Part of the attendance issue is spring break...we probably lost 50-100 butts right there (our students are lame as it is but I'm sure we would have had 50-100 more there if it wasn't for spring break). Still, sub 1000 is no bueno...but what do you expect to happen with such short notice, lack of 'importance' for the game, etc.

Love the $iena fans talking about our attendance though...it's rich. We had 651 more than them...cause they didn't even make a post season tournament lol. If they hosted such a game, they wouldn't get their normal attendance either.

As I've said before, that school is such a joke that all their fans can point and laugh at us for is our attendance. That's a sign of a desperate fan base. Frankly I don't really care. The less people, the more the refs hear me lol. I have fun with that. It's nice to brag about sell outs but I lose my voice at those games lol. I'd rather be a winning program (we are) than a non-winning program (them). Scrubs.

Edited by Eli

Yep. #35 went to the line on like 4 straight trips down the floor. It was insanity. And on one of those, he Lebron his way to the basket from damn near the 3pt line.

Turnovers exacerbated the ref issues, for sure. Would have won the game without those, but also would have won the game if we went to the line our usual amount.

If I'm WB I ask Benson, what is the game plan for this program down the road?? Are we more focused into pouring money into FCS football or basketball?

Should be both. Brown is getting small upgrades to the arena it seems like every year now. First the screens, then the digital scoreboards, now a new main scoreboard from the rafters. Casey is pretty much brand new still...we just need to keep doing what we're doing, winning games, and hopefully adding 100-200-300 regular fans each season for both sports.

Wait 'till the LCC fans see the price tag for the center scoreboard...going to really knot their panties.

• Like 1

Wait 'till the LCC fans see the price tag for the center scoreboard...going to really knot their panties.

Hopefully some of it is funded by their NYS taxes!!

UMBC still playing??? Looks like they are trying to buy their way to a CIT chip. I think we now know which America East school's got a lot of cash to blow lol.

Siena's purchase of the CBI championship 2 years ago really paid off.

Let them have their day, it's a program that hasn't seen much success. It wouldn't move a needle for me/maybe us...but they are a program in a different place than a 5 time AE champion.

• Like 1

UMBC still playing??? Looks like they are trying to buy their way to a CIT chip. I think we now know which America East school's got a lot of cash to blow lol.

Siena's purchase of the CBI championship 2 years ago really paid off.

Let them have their day, it's a program that hasn't seen much success. It wouldn't move a needle for me/maybe us...but they are a program in a different place than a 5 time AE champion.

Losing in the first makes it useless. By going deep into the tournament I think it is worth it for the experience of the young team.

• 2 weeks later...

So anyone know the names of the refs that did this game at SEFCU? LOL.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/early-lead/wp/2017/03/29/some-kentucky-fans-have-been-tormenting-a-referee-so-much-that-police-got-involved/?utm_term=.67691ca7a3f4

DISCLOSURE: I AM NOT ADVOCATING TORMENTING A REF. THIS WAS A JOKE. :excl:

Edited by godanesgo99
  • Like 1

So anyone know the names of the refs that did this game at SEFCU? LOL.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/early-lead/wp/2017/03/29/some-kentucky-fans-have-been-tormenting-a-referee-so-much-that-police-got-involved/?utm_term=.67691ca7a3f4

DISCLOSURE: I AM NOT ADVOCATING TORMENTING A REF. THIS WAS A JOKE. :excl:

I'm all about tormenting them....on the court. Big difference. That being said...now that I know he's a roofer...the brick jokes will be even more entertaining next time he steps foot in SEFCU lol. There HAS to be a joke there somewhere. I'll get to the bottom of it.

Refs for the game were Andrew Maira, Kevin Ferguson and Robert Snedden.

I looked through all of the losses (who cares about the wins) and he wasn't on any of the ref rosters...but I'm pretty sure he's been here before. Maybe they rotate years?

Edited by Eli