UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

CAA Media Day- Albany picked 10th

Albany picked 10th in the league, which is about right given our youth. Gontarek named Pre-Season First Team All-CAA WR.

I only caught the back-end of Coach however, he stated he hoped Buffalo vs. Albany would become an in-state rivalry game. He also stated that we'd see a lot of last years RS Freshman play significant minutes, and that we need to keep hitting the recruiting trail hard. He loves the defense and, although undersized, thinks we are a scrappy bunch that gets to the ball.

Gontarek noted that he was excited about the running back and QB battles, and implied that aside from DJ Crook (who wasn't mentioned) he wanted to see if Will Brunson and Nevan Sussman would be ready to play right away. He likes both a lot.

2015 CAA FOOTBALL PRESEASON OFFENSIVE PLAYER OF THE YEAR
Position Player School Class

QB John Robertson Villanova Sr.
2015 CAA FOOTBALL PRESEASON DEFENSIVE PLAYER OF THE YEAR

LB Don Cherry Villanova Sr.
2015 CAA FOOTBALL PRESEASON ALL-CONFERENCE TEAM
OFFENSE

QB John Robertson Villanova Sr.
RB Mikal Abdul-Saboor William & Mary Sr.
RB Darius Victor Towson Jr.
FB/HB Seth Fisher Richmond Sr.
WR Brian Brown Richmond Jr.
WR Reggie Diggs Richmond Sr.
WR Josh Gontarek UAlbany So.
TE Deane Cheatham James Madison Sr.
OL Ben Curtis Delaware Sr.
OL Bruce Johnson Maine Sr.
OL Andrew Jones William & Mary Sr.
OL Mitch Kirsch James Madison Jr.
OL Tad McNeely New Hampshire Jr.

DEFENSE

DL Trevor Bates Maine Sr.
DL Jon Desir Towson Sr.
DL Victor Ochi Stony Brook Sr.
DL Blaine Woodson Delaware So.
LB Akil Anderson New Hampshire Sr.
LB Don Cherry Villanova Sr.
LB Christophe Mulumba-Tshimanga Maine Jr.
LB Luke Rhodes William & Mary Sr.
CB Casey DeAndrade New Hampshire Jr.
CB DeAndre Houston-Carson William & Mary Sr.
S Chris Blair Elon So.
S Naim Cheeseboro Stony Brook Sr.

SPECIAL TEAMS

RS Myles Holmes Rhode Island Sr.
PK Peter Yoder Richmond Jr.
P Eric Enderson Delaware Jr.

2015 CAA FOOTBALL PRESEASON
PREDICTED ORDER OF FINISH (1st-Place Votes)

1. Villanova (14)
2. James Madison (5)
3. New Hampshire (5)
4. William & Mary
5. Richmond
6. Delaware
7. Maine
8. Stony Brook
9. Towson
10. UAlbany
11. Rhode Island
12. Elon

Edited by Dane96

I could see us having a rough year due to the youth, losing a veteran QB (who for all of his lacking athletic ability was a pretty smart game manager) and losing the conferences best RB.

I think a 5 win season would be okay. Anything less is disappointing, anything more is gravy.

I'll be at the Buffalo game making noise amongst the UB fans (I have a bunch of UB friends who'll be going with me).

Edited by Ilko

I could see us having a rough year due to the youth, losing a veteran QB (who for all of his lacking athletic ability was a pretty smart game manager) and losing the conferences best RB.

That might have been the nicest things you ever said about Will Fiacchi.

RB is the big hole I see. When Drew Smith was a senior we all kind of knew Omar was going to be able to carry some of that load after he left. I haven't had that same feeling about anyone yet. Hopefully there's a nice surprise out there.

Edited by Dane Pound
  • Like 1

That might have been the nicest things you ever said about Will Fiacchi.

RB is the big whole I see. When Drew Smith was a senior we all kind of knew Omar was going to be able to carry some of that load after he left. I haven't had that same feeling about anyone yet. Hopefully there's a nice surprise out there.

lol, hey, it happens. I grew up watching the Jets and Chad Pennington (who was a TERRIBLE athlete but a genius on the field). Sometimes that's all you need, especially in the NEC. He did okay in the CAA the last two years.

I feel the same away about RB. Haven't heard much about Martin (Omar's backup)...but I'd imagine he's the one who'll get the first chance.

• 2 weeks later...

RB is the big whole I see. When Drew Smith was a senior we all kind of knew Omar was going to be able to carry some of that load after he left. I haven't had that same feeling about anyone yet. Hopefully there's a nice surprise out there.

I feel the same away about RB. Haven't heard much about Martin (Omar's backup)...but I'd imagine he's the one who'll get the first chance.

UA had our own Media Day today. Besides the UA release Coach said on Channel 13 tonight that RB Elliot Croskey is working well and may get a lot of carries.

Edited by UAalum72