UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Suero on Dominican Republic National Team

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Interesting back and forth on Twitter by @onebidwonder and Jay Sanin, not really sure who he is but graduated from UA. Basically Sanin saying Suero left because of Will Brown and Sam saying it was a poor decision by handlers and not coaches fault. It's gonna be hard for G to get on a good team in a good league and make a lot of money. My opinion is it was a poor decision but it's made and I hope he is very successful in his pro career.

Suero scores 7 in loss - Singelais' blog "Perhaps most surprisingly, Suero, who led the America East with 134 turnovers last year, didn’t commit any of the Dominican Republic’s 25 turnovers"

Suero relishing opportunities to play - game story.

"Calipari has been on him to play better defense — a frequent demand of UAlbany coach Will Brown when the high-scoring Suero played there — and to improve his body language on the court" well, duh.

Sanin was a UAlbany (WCDB) sports radio guy who can often be a Coach Brown detractor. Sam obviously follows the AE a ton..but gets way too irked when a player does something that runs counter to what he thinks the player should be doing to maximize his career (read: pro) potential.

The result is Sanin thinking Suero left because of Brown and Sam thinking that Suero should've stayed at UA his last year because it could mean more money for him overseas.

Interesting back and forth on Twitter by @onebidwonder and Jay Sanin, not really sure who he is but graduated from UA. Basically Sanin saying Suero left because of Will Brown and Sam saying it was a poor decision by handlers and not coaches fault. It's gonna be hard for G to get on a good team in a good league and make a lot of money. My opinion is it was a poor decision but it's made and I hope he is very successful in his pro career.

Sanin...doesn't know wtf he is talking about. This was 100% handlers of Suero...and all about the $$$.

In any event, I was thinking that it is going to be amazing for Suero to tell the kids one day, I played against America's best...and dropped 7 on them.

It was very cool to watch last night though it did expose two things: still weak defensively (exacaberated by the caliber of talent he was guarding) and the difference b/w top speed (Suero) and RIDICULOUS NBA speed (Bryant, Melo, etc.)

He is not even close to NBA ready for his position. Physically...he has the body and tools. One positive I noted is he seemed to stay in the position that Cal put him; HE PLAYED WITHIN THE OFFENSE.

Phoenix, My intent is NOT to get in a pissing match with you, nor to bash Suero. But when I said "barely" made the Olympics I was being factious--I obviously know DR lost the qualifying game; and for being disappointed I said it when he announced and I am saying it still now, I am disappointed for the kid, not for UA and not for me. AS for levels of the pro's, I go way back to Patron games at the old Washington Armoury and have followed the exploits of UA players overseas; and in my opinion (you are certainly welcome to yours) another year at UA would really have helped Suero. I do not think this is bashing and anyone who saw him last year knows he is a talent, but also knows he has much game to work on.

My post(s) probably sounded more argumentative then I meant them to. If so, I apologize.

I wish he was playing for us this year and also believe he likely would have benefited from another year of DI play. But I also am not going to knock a guy who made a personal career/life decision when I wasn't privy to that process and I also still think he's more than likely to have an enjoyable and successful professional career at whatever level he ends up at.