UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Hate to see him leave but I understand. He had that great RS freshman season, struggled as a sophomore, was a key reserve last year and looking at a similar role this year with Mencer and Walker both returning as starters and Metheny looking to get a lot more playing time as a reserve.

• Like 1

Hate to see him leave but I understand. He had that great RS freshman season, struggled as a sophomore, was a key reserve last year and looking at a similar role this year with Mencer and Walker both returning as starters and Metheny looking to get a lot more playing time as a reserve.

Yep

I would have to think the current LB situation is:

Starting rotation between 4 guys: Methany, Thompson, Mencer, Walker

Backups of Powell (if he shifts from DE); Watson;

And a mix of the Klutsey (the eldest of the bunch); D'Amico, Pastore; Wisniewski-- whomever is ready.

I pushed Watson up to the 6th LB spot because he came in extremely touted...a steal, basically. Who knows if he lives up to the FBS hype (I sure hope so). Unknown if they brought in any transfers.

Either way, if Cox left (and we still don't know he did, officially) because he wanted to play as a starter in his senior year...I have mixed feelings. For his own personal side, if he wants to play in the one year he has left and he is guaranteed a spot...it's understandable.

However, the competitor in me says that outside of Mencer and Walker...the third spot is up for grabs...and the competitor in me says...ball out...and if you get the 4th or 5th LB spot...you finish what you started. If he played like he did in his 1st season, I'd like to think he'd have a starting spot. That player...was so good.

Edited by Dane96

And a mix of the Klutsey (the eldest of the bunch); D'Amico, Pastore; Wisniewski-- whomever is ready.

I pushed Watson up to the 6th LB spot because he came in extremely touted...a steal, basically. Who knows if he lives up to the FBS hype (I sure hope so). Unknown if they brought in any transfers.

Either way, if Cox left (and we still don't know he did, officially) because he wanted to play as a starter in his senior year...I have mixed feelings. For his own personal side, if he wants to play in the one year he has left and he is guaranteed a spot...it's understandable.

However, the competitor in me says that outside of Mencer and Walker...the third spot is up for grabs...and the competitor in me says...ball out...and if you get the 4th or 5th LB spot...you finish what you started. If he played like he did in his 1st season, I'd like to think he'd have a starting spot. That player...was so good.

This

Ju‏ @julian6cox 29 Dec 2017

Maybe Indiana University of Pennsylvania did not have an opening.

Closer to home for him at least.

Super excited to say that I will be transferring to California University of Pa for my senior season 1f60e.png1f60e.png

California University of PA...ummm...WUT?

Oh well. MAY have a JUCO guy coming in too!! couple of decent ones were offered

Offer made to Isaiah Moak Isaiah Moak@IsaiahMoak1 OLB https://www.hudl.com...00420598bc0a6d#

Positions: MLB, OLB Height & Weight: 6'0" 205lbs 40 Yard Dash: 4.7 Looks like a good one!

Offer made to Richard Eversleigh OLB https://twitter.com/RichardEversle2 https://www.hudl.com...9858631040d532e

Height & Weight: 6' 2" 225lbs 40 Yard Dash: 4.7 Wesley Chapel, FL and HVCC

Looks like a good one!

Both seem pretty good and would be coming in as Juniors and neither seems to have signed with anyone.

At least I can't find where they have!

Richard Eversleigh likely can't get in the school though - 2.66 GPA at HVCC

Edited by HOF2013

This

Absolutely. Who else was red-shirted??

I agree about Watson - i think he had an FBS offer that went away at the last minute. Not sure about Klutsey - he's done a good job on Special teams but don't recall him ever playing LB in a game. Also, not sure about Thompson - the only game time he really had last year was when Hatalsky was hurt - that said, he was coming off an ACL and Hatalsky had a great year... I also think Zack Bernard might be in the mix - i believe he played LB in prep school and Coach Gattuso saying he could play several positions.

Last thought on Cox leaving - i'm sure it was hard for him to leave. i remember an interview when he said that he didn't have any other offers coming out of HS and how he thanked UA gave him a chance.

• Like 1

PLUS Danny Damico

6'2" 230 lbs
Position: Linebacker
Year: Fr.

Hometown: Manlius, N.Y. (CBA) A good one from Western part of NY - redshirt last year