Photo

[MBB] Game #12: 12/12/17 - 9:00pm - @ Memphis

• Please log in to reply
110 replies to this topic

#16 uofalbany

uofalbany

Great Dane

• Big Purple Fans
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,960 posts

Posted 11 December 2017 - 11:04 AM

Play tough, intelligent, UA basketball... and we will win this game.

UA Class of '93

599489_235629683226336_1094172808_n+(2).

#17 Clickclack

Clickclack

BPF Bracket Challenge Winner

• Big Purple Fans
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,918 posts

Posted 11 December 2017 - 12:19 PM

This is a very winnable game, doesn't mean we'll win but it's winnable. 

#18 Dane Pound

Dane Pound

• Big Purple Fans
  • 6,838 posts

Posted 11 December 2017 - 01:37 PM

Memphis is still long and athletic. Keeping them off the glass will be tough.

Kind of interesting that we'll be facing Tubby Smith. Smith recruited Alex Foster to Minnesota and then to Texas Tech when he coached there.

• Eli likes this

#19 Phoenix

Phoenix

Great Dane

• Big Purple Fans
  • 1,451 posts

Posted 11 December 2017 - 03:16 PM

I believe Tubby was also in the arena when UAlbany played UConn in our first NCAA game. We were the 1/16..and Tubby's Kentucky and UAB were the 8/9.

#20 ZLK

ZLK

Dane

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 192 posts

Posted 11 December 2017 - 07:12 PM

Betting line opens at Memphis -1

#21 ZLK

ZLK

Dane

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 192 posts

Posted 11 December 2017 - 10:20 PM

Alright, on to Memphis forreal this time. They're down and don't have their normal talent, but they're still good enough. The mids they struggled against so far this year were also missing their leading scorers when they played them.

Jeremiah Martin (PG) takes the most shots for them. 45.8% have been from deep, he's hit 40.9% of them. About 1/3 of his shots are at the rim, but only 5% of those are assisted on so it would appear when he gets there it's from taking his defender off the dribble from the perimeter.

Jamal Johnson has taken 76.4% of his 55 attempts so far from deep (has hit 35.7%) so he's the guy to run off of the three point line and 86.7% of them have been assisted. Other than that there's a couple of other guys who take a higher percentage of their shots from deep, but they haven't hit them at anything close to a good clip.

Kyvon Davenport is another guy to watch, stretch big who's taken the second most shots on the team, Jimario Rivers is their big who plays more like a true big.

Their attendance has been way down this season according to Gary Parrish so I don't know what to expect atmosphere wise.

• Eli likes this

#22 uofalbany

uofalbany

Great Dane

• Big Purple Fans
  • 3,960 posts

Posted 12 December 2017 - 10:57 AM

Who's ready for some B-ball tonight!

We're expecting Bob and Jali to make some serious noise tonight in the arena

Edited by uofalbany, 12 December 2017 - 11:07 AM.

UA Class of '93

599489_235629683226336_1094172808_n+(2).

#23 UA'08

UA'08

Great Dane

• Big Purple Fans
  • 3,687 posts

Posted 12 December 2017 - 12:04 PM

Biggest test of the season thus far and there is still more activity on that $iena thread. That series is over until they make a call to us end of story. Benson should not be the one to initiate anything.

Lets get that check tonight and steal a W.

#24 UAalum72

UAalum72

Great Dane

• Big Purple Fans
  • 7,000 posts

Posted 12 December 2017 - 02:54 PM

CSNbbs game thread http://csnbbs.com/thread-837006.html

Says Davenport tweaked an ankle in practice, may be out

#25 alexfamous

alexfamous

Dane

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 162 posts

Posted 12 December 2017 - 03:38 PM

CSNbbs game thread http://csnbbs.com/thread-837006.html

Says Davenport tweaked an ankle in practice, may be out

Obviously their board thinks this is an easy one. They probably forgot about how Bryant gave them a scare. Hope we can come away with a W.

#26 UA'08

UA'08

Great Dane

• Big Purple Fans
  • 3,687 posts

Posted 12 December 2017 - 03:47 PM

I want to see a competitive game with a chance to win at the end of the game. They are still Memphis so I think they'd beat us 9 times if we played them 10 times. I will be disappointed if we get blown out by 20+ though.

• ZLK likes this

#27 BhillGuy

BhillGuy

Pup

• Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts

Posted 12 December 2017 - 04:03 PM

I want to see a competitive game with a chance to win at the end of the game. They are still Memphis so I think they'd beat us 9 times if we played them 10 times. I will be disappointed if we get blown out by 20+ though.

Drunk

#28 UA'08

UA'08

Great Dane

• Big Purple Fans
  • 3,687 posts

Posted 12 December 2017 - 04:09 PM

Drunk

Yes they're no where near the Memphis of past, but I think your still underestimating the level of athletes that are in the AAC and the America East. 

#29 Dane4ever

Dane4ever

Dane

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 204 posts

Posted 12 December 2017 - 05:38 PM

Slightly off topic but this is from Memphis, so . . .. Ahmad Clark taking a shot from the nosebleed section . . .

https://dailygazette...razy-trick-shot

#30 jalidanefan

jalidanefan

Great Dane

• Big Purple Fans
  • 595 posts

Posted 12 December 2017 - 07:26 PM

Not a big crowd expected! http://www.commercia...blem/937338001/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users