UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Does any other school in the CAA have such a dumb policy in regards to the seats? In terms of contacting athletics, do we know who the primary contact person should be in order to complain?

Delaware charges $6 for seat rentals but allows you to bring your own. OTOH they have a "No Readmittance" policy

http://www.bluehens.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=29100&ATCLID=209242733

The post on Facebook by Athletics has 4 likes and 9 dislikes and one of the 4 likes is from an athletic staff member who is on the list in above posts...

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10155258443767501&substory_index=0&id=125962027500

Edited by MRSGDG
  • Like 2

The beverage issue is a no brainer. I remember as a kid my mom packing me sandwiches for the Yankees games. Those days are over: concessions are the second biggest money maker at many stadiums (in some it is Parking).

NOT True! any longer.

You can now bring almost anything (food included) into a Yankee Stadium & City Field as long as it is packaged according to MLB guidelines. Went to a game this summer with Bob87 and some others--we actually brought a case of water in [if I recall it was an 18 or 24 clear wrap case.] I believe (but I am not sure) all major league teams now have a universal policy.

Anyhow, I have no problem with stadium security rules--its the times; but stadium seats is ridiculous. Also, food should be allowed. What do they think, we are going to try and poison the players if they do not perform well. Again, most major & minor league parks (including Bruno stadium locally) have fan picnic areas inside. The food issue is NOT a security measure--only concessionism. Put up airport type scanners and be done with it, if "security" is really the concern. And don't tell me it would be too slow for fan entry--airports push through far more #s than Casey Stadium does even on a good day.

Edited by dslyank
  • Like 2

Don't let the lack of message get away from the fact that the school NEEDS TO MAKE MONEY to provide the monetary support our teams need to be competitive. Y'all seem to forget that less than...what....25% of the school's funding comes from State subsidies, none of which can go directly to athletics. If the school charged full price for every ticket to a football game...and we sold-out all of our home games...we STILL WOULDN'T have enough revenue to cover solely football scholarships.

Where do you suggest the funding comes from...

Charge Less, Promote More, BE FAN FRIENDLY {not antagonistic which some of these policies are, in a "security" guise}, Put A LOT of FANnies in the seats.

Get corporate sponsorships, increase alumni donations. These are the things which the school must do to "make money." Not dumb stupid rules in the guise of security that really do not enhance security and only alienate the real money sources.

Don't get me wrong, security is important. Hire more security guards, use more scanners, have reasonable bag restrictions; but stadium seats and concessions do not threaten anyone, nor do they really detract greatly from your money making opportunities.

Edited by dslyank

Just trying to understand the seat cushion thing...So the athletic department sold seat cushions online, and when people tried to bring them in they were told they couldn't? Then yesterday they implemented a no bag policy which banned seat cushions as well? WTF is going on here?

Not "sold" in the past tense. "Selling" in the present tense.

If you go to the UAlbany athletics website and click "shop" there is a section called (I'll use italics for the irony) Game Day Accesories which has the stadium seats which you can't bring into the stadium.

I'll also note, the simple foam purple pad which I bought...wait for it...at a UAlbany football game...can no longer be used at UAlbany football games.

• Like 1

Just trying to understand the seat cushion thing...So the athletic department sold seat cushions online, and when people tried to bring them in they were told they couldn't? Then yesterday they implemented a no bag policy which banned seat cushions as well? WTF is going on here?

Not "sold" in the past tense. "Selling" in the present tense.

If you go to the UAlbany athletics website and click "shop" there is a section called (I'll use italics for the irony) Game Day Accesories which has the stadium seats which you can't bring into the stadium.

I'll also note, the simple foam purple pad which I bought...wait for it...at a UAlbany football game...can no longer be used at UAlbany football games.

What a mess.

So as a quick way to cover up their tracks with the cushions they implement a new set of "stadium guidelines" and spin it as an effort to cut down lines and the betterment of fan experience and safety. LOL

Edited by UA'08

The post on Facebook by Athletics has 4 likes and 9 dislikes and one of the 4 likes is from an athletic staff member who is on the list in above posts...

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10155258443767501&substory_index=0&id=125962027500

That is REALLY sad.....LOL.

By the way, I got 5-1 odds they start deleting all the negative comments? Any takers?

I just made the comment that I really started to think about last night after stepping away from the board for a few hours...does the Admin and AD really think this low of it's own fan base that we would use seats and what not as projectiles, especially when 90% of the seating is on the same time as where the team we root for sits on?