Photo

Elon

• Please log in to reply
87 replies to this topic

#1 Michigan_Dane

Michigan_Dane

Great Dane

• Big Purple Fans
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 980 posts

Posted 12 October 2016 - 10:26 AM

I made an impulse decision to purchase airline tickets to Albany Saturday 10/29 to attend a UAlbany/Elon football game. My wife will be outta town that weekend and this is my only shot at getting to a game for at least a year or more as we're expecting. It's a very short trip. Flying in Saturday morning and leaving Sunday morning. Love to meet some of you in person.
Formerly ATL_Dane

#2 Michigan_Dane

Michigan_Dane

Great Dane

• Big Purple Fans
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 980 posts

Posted 14 October 2016 - 10:02 AM

Huge thanks to Brendan for his tickets.

I purchased additional tickets too. I've now got 9 coming thus far and only 2 are alums so building the fan base.

I land at 10:30 Saturday morning. How do I get us into a tailgate tent?
  • Eli likes this
Formerly ATL_Dane

#3 Michigan_Dane

Michigan_Dane

Great Dane

• Big Purple Fans
  • 980 posts

Posted 23 October 2016 - 06:19 PM

Just following up on any tailgating recommendations. I'm flying in late Friday so I'm hoping to get an early jump on tailgating.

Is there an alum tent? Is there an upgrade option?
Formerly ATL_Dane

#4 MRSGDG

MRSGDG

Great Dane

• Big Purple Fans
  • 3,754 posts

Posted 23 October 2016 - 06:48 PM

Huge thanks to Brendan for his tickets.

I purchased additional tickets too. I've now got 9 coming thus far and only 2 are alums so building the fan base.

I land at 10:30 Saturday morning. How do I get us into a tailgate tent?

The school has tents set up behind scoreboard for Great Dane Gameday each game. Since this is a noon game I'm not sure what time it will open up. They normally have a buffet for around $12-15 a person. 

#5 Clickclack

Clickclack

BPF Bracket Challenge Winner

• Big Purple Fans
  • 10,550 posts

Posted 24 October 2016 - 08:49 PM

Saw a tweet today that GG is totally committed to Sussman...so yeah, more of that...

#6 Eli

Eli

Great Dane

• Big Purple Fans
  • 3,380 posts

Posted 24 October 2016 - 09:24 PM

What's the definition of insanity again?

GO DANES!!!

#7 Dane96

Dane96

Great Dane

• Big Purple Fans
  • 5,699 posts

Posted 25 October 2016 - 02:14 AM

Look, Coach Gattuso is no dummy.  He's been doing this a long while and he sees these guys everyday.  While the teams performance is frustrating to us as fans, it likely is more frustrating to those directly affected by each game.

So, if he wants to play out the string with Sussman...in Gattuso I trust.  When he's playing well, he does look good.  It's just a matter of the consistency and accuracy.  

#8 jimbo

jimbo

Great Dane

• Big Purple Fans
  • 912 posts

Posted 25 October 2016 - 06:22 AM

Not that it means anything now, but Shane Sweeney's stats at Hobart (6-1 top 25 in D3):  Through 7 games 331ypg, 60% completion, 21 TD. Would have been nice to see what would have happened if he was given a chance at UA. I know, D3 is not CAA level. Water under the bridge. 

#9 danefan

danefan

Great Dane

• Big Purple Fans
  • 5,595 posts

Posted 25 October 2016 - 06:38 AM

Not that it means anything now, but Shane Sweeney's stats at Hobart (6-1 top 25 in D3):  Through 7 games 331ypg, 60% completion, 21 TD. Would have been nice to see what would have happened if he was given a chance at UA. I know, D3 is not CAA level. Water under the bridge. 

It's a whole different game but good to see he's having a good season.

#10 jimbo

jimbo

Great Dane

• Big Purple Fans
  • 912 posts

Posted 25 October 2016 - 09:51 AM

I see that there's a special deal this week for kids and 700 seats donated by SEFCU and the AD.

#11 UAalum72

UAalum72

Great Dane

• Big Purple Fans
  • 6,865 posts

Posted 26 October 2016 - 07:11 PM

GG said on the radio today that Zee Roberson practiced Tuesday and has a chance at playing this week.

In a TU+ story http://www.timesunio...as-10162224.php

"I just felt there was not a whole lot to lose right there, to put (Brunson) out there,'' Gattuso said Monday during the weekly Colonial Athletic Association conference call. "He's a good passer. And we thought he might be able to give us a little spark."

Gattuso said Monday that Sussman will remain his starting quarterback when the Great Danes, who have lost three straight, take on Elon on Saturday at noon in Casey Stadium. But Gattuso added Brunson could see more action in the coming weeks, especially if UAlbany falls behind.

"We're a work in progress at quarterback and it's tough sledding for a young quarterback in this league, for sure,'' Gattuso said.

Still, Gattuso wants to see more from Brunson, 6-foot-4, 190-pound native of Myrtle Beach, S.C. Interestingly, when he made the change on Saturday, he chose to bring Brunson off the bench instead of redshirt junior DJ Crook, the former starter who lost his job last season.
"We've had a philosophy from day one and a plan from day one that if we're winning, DJ is doing to go in and play,'' Gattuso explained. "If we're behind, we would give Brunson an opportunity to go out and play."
Gattuso pointed out it's the same way he used Sussman in relief as a freshman.

Doesn't look good for DJ if the only time he comes in is if the QB is playing lousy but we're ahead anyway.

#12 uofalbany

uofalbany

Great Dane

• Big Purple Fans
  • 3,767 posts

Posted 27 October 2016 - 09:24 AM

It's a whole different game but good to see he's having a good season.

Whole different world

UA Class of '93

599489_235629683226336_1094172808_n+(2).

#13 uofalbany

uofalbany

Great Dane

• Big Purple Fans
  • 3,767 posts

Posted 27 October 2016 - 09:26 AM

Look, Coach Gattuso is no dummy.  He's been doing this a long while and he sees these guys everyday.  While the teams performance is frustrating to us as fans, it likely is more frustrating to those directly affected by each game.

So, if he wants to play out the string with Sussman...in Gattuso I trust.  When he's playing well, he does look good.  It's just a matter of the consistency and accuracy.  

That's exactly right... Gattuso and staff see these qbs every day.  Far more in-the-know then us fans.

If we win out from here, we can make it to the playoffs... one game at a time.  2/3 losses have been close,

now it's panty checking time and we put on our big boy briefs.

UA Class of '93

599489_235629683226336_1094172808_n+(2).

#14 danefan

danefan

Great Dane

• Big Purple Fans
  • 5,595 posts

Posted 27 October 2016 - 06:17 PM

That's key. Buck up guys and gals. We still own our own destiny and we play winnable game (we got the "easy" CAA schedule this year). Win out and we're in!!!!

#15 Eli

Eli

Great Dane

• Big Purple Fans
  • 3,380 posts

Posted 27 October 2016 - 06:41 PM

Sorry but I have zero faith in our QB's. Absolutely zero. Luckily I won't be able to see this game and another QB disaster, got something else going on.

GO DANES!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users