UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

UAlbany takes home its 5th straight America East Commissioner's Cup

Dane96

Is this something that other conferences look at when deciding who they want to invite in? I'd think we'd be appealing to others considering our programs consistently know how to win.

I have looked into this a ton. It really comes down to MONEY and a major COMMITMENT to athletics... we r unwilling to do either ...

Is this something that other conferences look at when deciding who they want to invite in? I'd think we'd be appealing to others considering our programs consistently know how to win.

I have looked into this a ton. It really comes down to MONEY and a major COMMITMENT to athletics... we r unwilling to do either ...

When your governor is more interested in who gets to use what bathroom in another state than supporting the state university's sports teams then you know we have no chance of moving up.
  • Like 3

When your governor is more interested in who gets to use what bathroom in another state than supporting the state university's sports teams then you know we have no chance of moving up.

Jesus give it up already. Been there done that thread.

• Like 1

If only some donor could fund and endow our transition into a new conference. We've done so many things right and the program deserves to be recognized for it.

UAlbany is in need of a Sugar Daddy.

The state usually supports their flagship. Not in New York.

We don't have a T Boone Pickens like Oklahoma State. Or the Papa Johns founder helping Louisville. Even Stony Brook has Senator LeValle and a billionaire.

We don't have that level of support and commitment.

Edited by Michigan_Dane

Well excuse me for expressing my opinion...I guess only yours matters.

• Like 2

Is that what I said? I said there was already a thread on that. Why bring it back into a different one.

Using religious figures in a response of disgust probably isn't needed.

That said, a governor of any state, to interfere with state university athletics is absurd.

I think the phrase 'political posturing' was the most appropriate term used thus far.

If we have to forfeit one of the easiest football games this coming season, it will be the icing on the cake.

Is that what I said? I said there was already a thread on that. Why bring it back into a different one.

See, I think this is appropriate for this thread. In most other states the state's leaders are proud of and support the state school athletic teams. Here we have a state school that has won the league commissioner's cup

5 times in a row and is far and away the most successful D1 state school in NY and we have to fight to play a league game at a school that is not subject to the rule and has denounced the rule. Political posturing, political grandstanding, whatever. It shows a lack of support that would be a detriment to any move up to a higher level.

• Like 2

Using religious figures in a response of disgust probably isn't needed.

+1, thank you for saying this.
So funny coming from the people on this board who complain people take what people say on here too seriously. DP has asked people not to talk politics on here.... Edited by MRSGDG