UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Cornell 01/02 7:00

Mike Rowley looks terrible... Guy is getting beat of the dribble repeatedly. Tough year for him.

Great kid but not having a good season at all. I was hoping he would breakout this year as the main low post scorer.

I guess I didn't have those expectations of him. He's a solid big guy who sets screens, seals his guy off when guards drive, will score a little when he gets the ball and has decent assist numbers for a big guy. To me, the great part about Mike is he's shooting over 80% from the free throw line. That's a great luxury to have in a tight game when things become a foul fest.

I have to admit, I tend to defend Mike because I will always think of the two free throws he hit in the closing seconds of the 2015 AE Championship game to cut the lead from three down to one. Then the missed Purifoy free thrown. Then one of the best moments in SEFCU Arena history.

• Like 1

Mike Rowley looks terrible... Guy is getting beat of the dribble repeatedly. Tough year for him.

Great kid but not having a good season at all. I was hoping he would breakout this year as the main low post scorer.

I'm with Dane Pound..as he mentioned in another thread..who thinks Rowley's not getting the credit he deserves..or at least is being unfairly criticized. Pomeroy has his offensive rating at 107.6..which is better than 3 of the other main rotation guys (Stire, Grayson and Nichols). He's shooting over 80% from the FT line and he's getting there at a decent clip. He's productive on the offensive glass and his shooting well from the floor. No one's going to put him on the all-defense team..but if he was that deficient on that side of the ball then Charles would be starting over him..given his stronger offensive game. Rowley's either guarding a team's 5..which he's a bit undersized to do..or he's guarding the 4..which often means playing on/around the perimeter against mid-majors with PFs who shoot from the outside.

If we assumed he would all of a sudden turn into a 16 and 8 guy..then sure I understand the disappointment. But that's not inline with the type of player he has been his first three years..and is probably an unfair expectation generated from the fact that he's related to a guy who very recently put up those types of numbers for us.

• Like 1

I agree with the above. I think Rowley (and Stire) are doing a FINE job cleaning up the glass on the interior. The only thing I cringe when I see Mike doing it is trying to dribble the ball, it's a guaranteed turnover. Soon as he rebounds, if he gets rid of it, we're good. If he starts dribbling it up court because the defense is covering the outlet AND he gets pressured...yikes.

Gonna miss him when he graduates...but hopefully Lands and Charles help fill the void even more.

The Rowley brothers were truly some of our best bigs in the last decade that I've been watching this team.

I guess I didn't have those expectations of him. He's a solid big guy who sets screens, seals his guy off when guards drive, will score a little when he gets the ball and has decent assist numbers for a big guy. To me, the great part about Mike is he's shooting over 80% from the free throw line. That's a great luxury to have in a tight game when things become a foul fest.

I have to admit, I tend to defend Mike because I will always think of the two free throws he hit in the closing seconds of the 2015 AE Championship game to cut the lead from three down to one. Then the missed Purifoy free thrown. Then one of the best moments in SEFCU Arena history.

I'm not trying to denigrate the young man but IMO he has never taken that next step. I thought he'd give us a bit more in his final go.

I was thinking about those two free throws when I made my post. I wasn't expecting huge numbers but as Click said, I thought he would take the next step and he hasn't. He is what he has been the past few years, which is not a bad thing but I thought we would get more.

I was thinking about those two free throws when I made my post. I wasn't expecting huge numbers but as Click said, I thought he would take the next step and he hasn't. He is what he has been the past few years, which is not a bad thing but I thought we would get more.

Last year I think I (unfairly) expected him to be more like Sam when he's probably a little more like Luke Devlin. Scores a little but mostly makes winning plays in crunch time.

On the coaches show CB was talking about the possible four-headed monster when Lands comes back. I don't think any one guy will average huge numbers but there will be a lot of production from the whole group.