Photo

[FB] Game 3 - vs Monmouth - 9/16 - 7PM

• Please log in to reply
99 replies to this topic

#31 jimbo

jimbo

Great Dane

• Big Purple Fans
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 847 posts

Posted 15 September 2017 - 01:45 PM

It's because of your GDAC donation (the $50 for each seat) that you receive the parking.

If anyone ever needs extra's, please let me know (I have two seats). I only get to 1-2 games per year due to work and distance.  I also sit in the Upper Deck for the same reasons as GDG.  

Dane96 sits right by me, Click and Jimbo (and maybe others). I feel like we have the best seats in the house. Right on the 50 yard line nice and high. See everything. I've sat in the lower level for the spring games and I can't see crap on running plays.

I promise to behave. lol.

I agree with Eli....we sit right behind him. Great view of the field. We got parking in SEFCU again, which is really sweet...and that was with a $100 GDAC donation, plus the GDAC tent wrist bands. This level of football requires more money and if you only have 5 or 6 games to get it, the prices will be higher. If you look what it costs at the next level, even at places like Army and Syracuse, it puts it into perspective. Since there's just the two of us it's not a burden, but I could see where it would be prohibitive if there was a brood to bring along. There should be some sort of youth pricing to try and build up the fan base for future years. And please Eli....don't behave...what fun would that be??

Edited by jimbo, 15 September 2017 - 01:46 PM.

#32 Eli

Eli

Great Dane

• Big Purple Fans
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,242 posts

Posted 15 September 2017 - 05:56 PM

It's my first year in these seats. I picked up 4 seats in Row A near the 50 yard line. Anyone ever sit there? Are the railings going to block my view being in the front row?

Our section. Just like BB. This time we flip flop and you're a few rows in front.

GO DANES!!!

#33 bob87

bob87

Great Dane

• Big Purple Fans
  • 2,734 posts

Posted 15 September 2017 - 07:04 PM

It's my first year in these seats. I picked up 4 seats in Row A near the 50 yard line. Anyone ever sit there? Are the railings going to block my view being in the front row?

You should be fine with railings. People try to walk across row A a lot. I am in row b. There are a couple of rows further up that are partially blocked by the railings around the walkway up to the section. I moved from those seats after year 1 to towards the middle of row b for no obstructions

Edited by bob87, 15 September 2017 - 07:04 PM.

• Eli likes this

#34 UAalum72

UAalum72

Great Dane

• Big Purple Fans
  • 6,792 posts

Posted 15 September 2017 - 08:37 PM

UAlbany football meets Monmouth in home opener - T-U  pregame story

Manzo-Lewis and Hoskins practiced Thursday

Sussman still getting snaps for UAlbany - Gazette pregame story

Ibitokun-Hanks will be a game time decision

With optimistic start, Hawks face new test at Albany - Asbury Park Press

#35 Dane96

Dane96

Great Dane

• Big Purple Fans
  • 5,619 posts

Posted 15 September 2017 - 09:08 PM

According to the Asbury Press article, Albany and MU are working on a home and home series starting in 2019 or 2020, starting in NJ.  

• Eli likes this

#36 McFan

McFan

Great Dane

• Big Purple Fans
  • 1,117 posts

Posted 16 September 2017 - 08:52 AM

Is this a confirmed "white out"?

And as far as ticket prices, they are ridiculous.  Lowest seat price (not on the berm) is $25.  I know you don't want to give them away but let's build a fan base, then raise the prices.  I fit the "casual" category for football and am going today but must admit I was shocked when I saw the prices.  Decent seats start at $35.  Trust me if you aren't a diehard or have ties to the University you aren't paying those prices.  Hopefully the perfect weather will entice people to walk up but there are still a lot of seats available.

#37 Eli

Eli

Great Dane

• Big Purple Fans
  • 3,242 posts

Posted 16 September 2017 - 09:23 AM

As far as I know and was posted on their FB, it is.

GO DANES!!!

#38 Dane Pound

Dane Pound

• Big Purple Fans
  • 6,650 posts

Posted 16 September 2017 - 09:56 AM

It's because of your GDAC donation (the $50 for each seat) that you receive the parking.

If anyone ever needs extra's, please let me know (I have two seats). I only get to 1-2 games per year due to work and distance.  I also sit in the Upper Deck for the same reasons as GDG.  

Dane96 sits right by me, Click and Jimbo (and maybe others). I feel like we have the best seats in the house. Right on the 50 yard line nice and high. See everything. I've sat in the lower level for the spring games and I can't see crap on running plays.

Since there's just the two of us it's not a burden, but I could see where it would be prohibitive if there was a brood to bring along. There should be some sort of youth pricing to try and build up the fan base for future years. 

We've found the berm a good solution for kids. Tickets are cheaper and many kids aren't great about sitting in one spot for a long time. On the berm they can wander and roll down the hill. Sight lines aren't quite as good and you do miss Eli yelling at the quarterback but hey, you can't have everything.

#39 UAalum72

UAalum72

Great Dane

• Big Purple Fans
  • 6,792 posts

Posted 16 September 2017 - 09:59 AM

Since there's just the two of us it's not a burden, but I could see where it would be prohibitive if there was a brood to bring along. There should be some sort of youth pricing to try and build up the fan base for future years. 

We've found the berm a good solution for kids. Tickets are cheaper and many kids aren't great about sitting in one spot for a long time. On the berm they can wander and roll down the hill. Sight lines aren't quite as good and you do miss Eli yelling at the quarterback but hey, you can't have everything.

But the berm has the best view of the video scoreboard

#40 UAalum72

UAalum72

Great Dane

• Big Purple Fans
  • 6,792 posts

Posted 16 September 2017 - 12:50 PM

As far as I know and was posted on their FB, it is.
It does say "WHITE OUT" on the Gold Level ticket

#41 Dane96

Dane96

Great Dane

• Big Purple Fans
  • 5,619 posts

Posted 16 September 2017 - 06:02 PM

SO DAMN FRUSTRATING.  ESPN 3 not working, yet again.  This is an ESPN problem...not a UA problem.  

Edited by Dane96, 16 September 2017 - 06:02 PM.

#42 BestDaneSinceHamlet

BestDaneSinceHamlet

Great Dane

• Big Purple Fans
  • 995 posts

Posted 16 September 2017 - 06:03 PM

Wow. Wyland sounds like he's been gargling razor blades. Painful to hear. Looks good on tv btw. The away stands look packed. Monmouth folks or students ?

#43 BestDaneSinceHamlet

BestDaneSinceHamlet

Great Dane

• Big Purple Fans
  • 995 posts

Posted 16 September 2017 - 06:04 PM

Looks great on my TV

#44 alum73

alum73

Great Dane

• Big Purple Fans
  • 2,160 posts

Posted 16 September 2017 - 06:05 PM

Good student turnout.

#45 Eli

Eli

Great Dane

• Big Purple Fans
  • 3,242 posts

Posted 16 September 2017 - 06:05 PM

Who's idea was it to do a whiteout against an opponent who wears...all white. 😂 #whowerootingfor

GO DANES!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users