UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

American U

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The stat I liked from American is they shot 26% from three. Their 6'9 Romanian (Vlad!) looks like a terror - led them in points, rebounds, blocks and knocked down some three pointers. I'm thinking of bringing garlic to the game or maybe a wooden stake. Tough match-up.

From Santillo....

'Ralph Watts in the projected lineup for UAlbany, which means the Danes will start three fresh (Watts, Devlin, Puk) against American' http://twitter.com/A...973997133824000

Just checked and the game notes are up: http://admin.xosn.com/attachments1/88623.pdfp

I really like the idea of Watts in the line ups, but not sure if its ready to mesh into reality.

Here's my PAGN preview

http://pagn.wordpress.com/2010/11/15/know-thy-enemy-american/#more-716

Good preview Doc but would this really be that much of an upset? We did beat them last year on the road. Granted that was before Vlad was available but still this seems like a game we can win.

From the TU story it sounds like Watts understands he's got to be more aggressive. Said he was too worried about turning the ball over on Friday.

Good preview Doc but would this really be that much of an upset? We did beat them last year on the road. Granted that was before Vlad was available but still this seems like a game we can win.

I am trying to remain positive (and I obviously need a little more work with it), but I would say the preseason 8th pick in the America East beating the preseason favorite in the Patriot League is by definition an upset.

From the TU story it sounds like Watts understands he's got to be more aggressive. Said he was too worried about turning the ball over on Friday.

DP, I do think it would be a big upset. I think American was such a different team after Moldoveanu joined, plus the addition of Troy Brewer makes this a vastly more talented squad. And Albany is clearly at an enormous disadvantage without its star player, the one player who could've taken advantage of American's weakness at point. That puts even more pressure on our freshman bigs. They have the potential to hold their own, but American's biggest strength (frontcourt)targets our biggest question mark. It's winnable, but it'd be a hell of a win without Black.

My biggest concern going into this game is whether or not we'll be able to put points on the board with no Black. He creates so many opportunities for the other four on the court that without him we can go into long droughts. Look at the last game when he went out, our offense sputtered. There is no question in my mind that he's the most important player on this team. I'd feel a lot better about tonight if we had him out there.

This is going to be a difficult game.

You guys are probably right about American. I just find it tough to stomach that they're coming into our building as the favorite. That's probably the reality as much as I don't like it.

I'm guessing we'll see heavy doses of Tim again tonight but someone else has to step up. Iati, Watts and Moore played 50 minutes the other night and combined to take 3 shots. First game for all of them and I'm sure they were trying to fit in and not take bad shots.

Brown on Wyland today. Mike was having xrays today at 1:00 mostly for his own peace of mind.

Puk's achilles tendinitis is such that he's not practicing, except for about 10 minutes on the scout team. He'll play, but as a young player he could use more reps.

Moore may also play some point.

Vlad not only is 6-9, he shoots threes from NBA range. He'll play pro (but not the NBA).

Paul Hewitt was on later, but neither he nor Brown had watched each other's tapes yet, since GaTech also has a game tonight.

Archived