Photo

MBB Game #1: 11/10/17, 7:00pm - vs. Iona (0-0 MAAC) @ SEFCU

• Please log in to reply
102 replies to this topic

#1 godanesgo99

godanesgo99

Great Dane

• Big Purple Fans
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 900 posts

Posted 29 October 2017 - 06:43 PM

Season and home opener against what appears to be the top team in the MAAC.

Will be a tough game to start the season.
  • Eli likes this

UA Class of '99

Go Danes!

#2 godanesgo99

godanesgo99

Great Dane

• Big Purple Fans
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 900 posts

Posted 29 October 2017 - 06:47 PM

Iona is #96 in the preseason CBB rankings:

http://www.collegesp...m/article/15002

Iona fan board:
http://ionahoops.pro...iona-basketball

UA Class of '99

Go Danes!

#3 Eli

Eli

Great Dane

• Big Purple Fans
  • 3,953 posts

Posted 29 October 2017 - 07:29 PM

Me waiting for BB season to start:

aawt.gif

Edited by Eli, 29 October 2017 - 07:29 PM.

GO DANES!!!

#4 UA'08

UA'08

Great Dane

• Big Purple Fans
  • 3,688 posts

Posted 30 October 2017 - 02:37 PM

Saw this on the Iona forum. Not sure how in depth this mid major poll is, but preseason #14 is pretty darn good.

http://collegebasket...power-rankings/

#5 Phoenix

Phoenix

Great Dane

• Big Purple Fans
  • 1,452 posts

Posted 30 October 2017 - 03:07 PM

I like the recognition. 

Worth noting..though..that Rowley was not the leading rebounder last year. Both Stire and Cremo had higher numbers. 

#6 godanesgo99

godanesgo99

Great Dane

• Big Purple Fans
  • 900 posts

Posted 30 October 2017 - 04:12 PM

2 America East teams and the MAAC only gets an "others considered" with Iona. I thought LCC fans talk about the superior MAAC?

UA Class of '99

Go Danes!

#7 alum73

alum73

Great Dane

• Big Purple Fans
  • 2,234 posts

Posted 30 October 2017 - 04:27 PM

2 America East teams and the MAAC only gets an "others considered" with Iona. I thought LCC fans talk about the superior MAAC?

We'll see on the 10th.  I'm sure it's on their bulletin board.

#8 UA'08

UA'08

Great Dane

• Big Purple Fans
  • 3,688 posts

Posted 03 November 2017 - 12:29 PM

One week! 

Anyone know how the ticket sales are going?

#9 godanesgo99

godanesgo99

Great Dane

• Big Purple Fans
  • 900 posts

Posted 03 November 2017 - 03:57 PM

I just bought 4 additional tickets (to my 4 season tix) a few days ago and I'll say it looked light on the site. Section 200 was pretty full, just random seats available, nothing together except in the back, but 150 and 250 were fairly empty. No problem getting 4 seats together real close.

I didn't look in the gray or on the other side, but let's just say I hope the sales pick up as game day approaches. Iona is a great home game.

UA Class of '99

Go Danes!

#10 godanesgo99

godanesgo99

Great Dane

• Big Purple Fans
  • 900 posts

Posted 04 November 2017 - 03:52 PM

I hope sales pick up. Looks like tons still available on the site with under a week to go.

All the elements are there for strong attendance...

• Season opener
  • Home opener
  • What looks to be one of the better UA MBB teams we have had
  • 2 local kids starting
  • Strong opponent, preseason #1 in the MAAC
  • A LCC Rival with that dumpster fire on the road

Edited by godanesgo99, 04 November 2017 - 03:54 PM.

UA Class of '99

Go Danes!

#11 UAalum72

UAalum72

Great Dane

• Big Purple Fans
  • 7,005 posts

Posted 04 November 2017 - 07:51 PM

Sagarin and Massey have this game just about even, Gals by 1 point or less

Game will be on ESPN3
  • Eli likes this

#12 Phoenix

Phoenix

Great Dane

• Big Purple Fans
  • 1,452 posts

Posted 06 November 2017 - 08:51 AM

Pomeroy is a bit more optimistic about our chances. Has us favored by 5. A 67% favorite. 

#13 godanesgo99

godanesgo99

Great Dane

• Big Purple Fans
  • 900 posts

Posted 06 November 2017 - 12:06 PM

https://youtu.be/izdGeRgQ2m8

Will Brown Interview about the Iona game.

UA Class of '99

Go Danes!

#14 godanesgo99

godanesgo99

Great Dane

• Big Purple Fans
  • 900 posts

Posted 06 November 2017 - 12:21 PM

LMAO - goto the 5:50 mark of the video/audio above

"I think it's Important that I am a very calming influence on our team on Friday night. I don't think that we as coaches realize how much of an impact we have on how our guys play and respond based on our actions on the sidelines. So I need to stay composed and make sure our team is composed"

Shot thrown at the clown at LCC and his ability to get T's in an exhibition game? I love it! 

Edited by godanesgo99, 06 November 2017 - 12:23 PM.

• Eli likes this

UA Class of '99

Go Danes!

#15 godanesgo99

godanesgo99

Great Dane

• Big Purple Fans
  • 900 posts

Posted 06 November 2017 - 12:23 PM

He started to mentioned that the team scored over 100 against a higher level team, then backtracked and said that it was a lot of points. Coaches aren't supposed to comment on specifics from the secret scrimmages, and he didn't say much more than that - but I think it is a good sign. Considering the offensive ability of our team, combined with the style that Iona plays - it should be a great game to watch,

UA Class of '99

Go Danes!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users