UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Basketball Attendence (con't from old board)

I think Voelker, McElroy and company can run every promotion possible and it may cause a spike in attendence but it won't bring it up permently. The key to increased attendence will be winning and I don't think it's much of a secret. Just look at Bing U and Quinipiac. Both had good years last year and their fans not only turned out for their home games but there were actually students from both schools at Albany. I've been to several road games and the only time I've seen Albany students at a road game was our first year in D1 when we were on a winning streak.

With Brown at the helm we should be winning in a few years. The fans will follow.

Winning does cure a lot of ailments. Whenever a team, no matter how they have

done in past, starts losing their fans turn right off. Syracuse for example is on big

high with basketball team as record numbers came out for winning season &

their football team has been doing poorly as SU fans stop going to games as

feel team should drop down to Division 1AA. UAlbany will soon be at same level

as Siena & should look at A-10 if openings exist since Siena is unwilling to make

a move as comfortable where they are now. There is nothing wrong with that as

small school & don't have the resources to go much higher. UAlbany is not drawing

well at this time but if start improving the fans will come out of hiding. You don't have

to draw 15,000 a game at A-10 level as 4,000-5,000 would be good start to build on.

Look at how many more fans show up for Siena as march through NIT, etc. These are

Capital Region fans not Siena Alumni as would easily sway to UAlbany if product rises.