UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Wilson: Torn ACL. Will redshirt.

I am not shocked that he may have a torn ACL...but I find it highly unlikely that they have those results yet. For one...you need to wait a day or two for the swelling to go down...his injury was LESS than 24 hours ago. Finally, it takes a few hours to read the findings.

This really sucks though! CAN WE CATCH A FREAKIN BREAK ALREADY?

Just out of curiosity, can any of these injuries, including Jamar's ongoing knee concerns be related to the RACC floor? I recall a few years ago, while Cetnar and Haggarty were here that the players complained about the floor and Coach Hicks often practiced in the old gym to avoid the RACC floor.

If this is true it really sucks. Especially after how hard he obviously worked over the summer. Any doctor can tell you've ruptured an ACL before they do the MRI. They'll do an MRI to see how much damage is done but they usually know before they do it.

Agreed. My son had a torn ACL and we pretty much knew that day, the Doctor confirmed the next day and the MRI done 4 or 5 days later just confirmed the diagnosis and gave a clue to how much damage was done. They don't truly know until they open the knee up. A tough break for Albany hoops and for Wilson, lets hope for a speedy and full recovery

Two things. One...the RACC FLOOR SUCKS! I have terrible knees from it and my ankles are not much better. THE FLOOR IS LIKE CONCRETE. It was built directly on the concrete with little to no cushion. Second, Dane Pound is partially correct. The doctor can do a few tests, "the anterior drawer" is one of them, where they pull the lower leg forward to see what kind of stability the knee has. You cannot even remotely say the knee is ruptured or season ending by doing this test. All that is shown is that stability is NOT there. Even with the test, many people have torn ACL's that are not shown by manipulation of the knee.

I hope all this ACL talk is false. He's definitely hurt but the extent will not be known for a few days.

I just spoke to someone in the athletic department and the department isn't so sure it's the ACL.

This is as much hearsay on my part as Soup's announcement. It amazes me that a Siena poster is the first to post a difinitive on a Dane injury.