UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

2004 Message Board Awards

statefan

I have noticed that some schools' message boards give out end of the year awards, so I propose the following: we make suggestions for award categories and at the LIU game Dane Pound and whoever he wants to consult with finalize the categories and post them; then we give everyone a week or so to vote and compile the winners. Here are some suggested possible categories:

1. Favorite Great Dane athlete

2. Favorite Great Dane athlete - not football or hoop

3. Most controversial poster

4. Best avatar

5. Message Board Rookie of the Year - someone who joined in 2004

6. Funniest Poster

7. Best non-Dane poster (whoever wins this will surely take grief on the Siena Board)

8. Best Student poster

9. Most annoying poster

10. Most rational poster

The winners can get first edition 2005 buttons "Beat Siena AGAIN"

What do you think?

Edited by statefan

i say go for it. Lets make it interesting. Lets keep it positive. No negative stuff like most controversial person:

Best Male Athlete

Best Female Athlete

Best Athlete

Best Coach

Best Team

Game of the Year

Best Turn-around Season (Team)

Best Turn-around Season (Player)

Freshman of the Year

Best avatar

Message Board Rookie of the Year

Best student poster

Funniest poster

Best Non-Danes Poster

I think that would be great those things. It allows us to express what we think are teh positives and negatives of the Athletic Dept and our message board as well. LETS DO IT. I recommend that each category has a top 5 preliminary road, and the top 2 in each category go to the finals to determine the winner.

That's a GREAT idea Statefan. We can keep this thread open for people to nominate categories and then narrow them down.

I'm not sure how they've done it on other boards but it seems like they are pretty much all based on the people who post.

We can keep the end of the year awards based on the message board and it's posters. In the spring when all the teams are done with their seasons we'll do a sports-based one (favorite athlete, favorite coach, etc). Hard to do that know when not everyone has completed their seasons.

A couple of other ideas for awards:

1. The Road Warrior Award (The most posts about attending away games)

2. The Russian Novel Award (Given to those with the longest posts)

3. Poster of the Year

A few awards based on statistics:

1. The Worn keyboard award (Most posts in 2004)

2. The Weaver Award (Most threads started in 2004)

Edited by Dane Pound

I apologize for my arrogant and pompous replies to this topic.

But when I saw the Russian novel category, I thought I would reply with a novel Russian response.

I did not mean to choke off a really good idea about participant awards.

I certainly did not want to become the poster child for rude and unwanted posts on this forum.

Please, let's come up with some other good awards and move this concept forward.