UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

TU story from Media day in Boston

Story in today's TU about the coaches poll and media day. If I remember correctly last year we were picked low in the conference and Brown didn't really disagree. This year seems to be different, also a mention that Levine might possibly be named captain. TU Story

One thing you have to say about Coach Brown he has a positive outlook regardless of what others thinks. The reason why he has been successful before is he expect to be.

I think in the back of his mind he thinks if all things went right his team could beat the Lakers.

I think, that's why he has been successful as a recruiter and why when he has a team full of players he has recruited we'll be aimed in the right direction.

No way RULER

This is his second year, the first year he took over the mess on the interim basis and therefore last year was his first, so far he has only half a team of his recruits due to Beeten's recruiting screw ups.

I think he's OK for this year ( especially with Jamar's injury and Iati's questionable shoulder), next year HIS 3rd year he is somewhat on the hot seat. He'll have a whole team of his recruits and be totally responsible. He will also have a team of DI players for the first time.

But, RULER you and I can strongly voice our opinions but - it's Dr. McElroy's opinion that counts and he's let a few coaches go already but I doubt Brown will be added to that group.

Ruler, I think you're way off base here, and I hope this string does not devolve into yet another football first vs. basketball first poster argument. The fact of the matter is that when Coach Brown had the interim title removed it was very late in the recruiting year for the past (2002-03) season. This recruiting year (Iati, Martin, Hughes, Jordan & Zoellner) are really his first class that as a full time head coach he has had the ability to pursue. He recruited Levine and Wilson when he was an assistant on Beeten's staff and Knotts when he finally got the job, well after most other D-1 schools recruiting for the year had been completed.

Time will tell if Coach Brown has been successful, but given the circumstances it is totally unfair to declare him to be on the hot seat, at this point. Yikes, do I sound like Czar or what?