UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Joe Dyson

Big Joe Dyson Commits!!!! Edit | Reply

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This will piss Delaware fan's off! 6'9 240 Joe Dyson of Sanford School turned down Houston of Conference USA and signed with the University at ALbany of the America EAst Conference. Supposedly Providence and Rutgers both looked at Joe in September.

Joe will have a great career!

Deguru

user profile

OUFans.com

Post #541 Re: Big Joe Dyson Commits!!!! Reply

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just read it on theinsidershoops.com. Now the UD complainers can complain. Both instate schools should've been recruiting him hard. There is no way he should've left the state to go to Albany. This is a great decision for Joe and a steal for Albany. They'll work to develop his offensive skills and get his hands better. There won't be any pressure on him there and he is a very hard worker and strong as an ox. He really hasn't been appreciated in Delaware as much as he should, and he is an outstanding young man that works hard on his academics. From my understanding he has met the NCAA guidelines. Congratulations Joe, this has been a long time comming.

Posted on 11/16 10:52 AM | IP: 68.33.189.92

if this team in not ranked in the top 5 in American East next year, i may just cry. And i may just laugh at the media when we win the Conference. I gurarantee within the next 3 years, this team is going to be playing in March/April in the NCAA Tournament.

According to OCSN Dyson is the only guy to sign so far. I'm really looking forward to the luncheon Weds. to see what Brown has to say about these guys. So far everything I've seen about all of them have good-both on the court and in the classroom which really speaks to the quality of our coaching staff. In the space of two years we should go from not being able to defend the post (last year) to being able to defend the post (this year hopefully) to actually having a guy or two who can be a force down low (next year or the year after).

More on Dyson....from the DE Rivals site.

>>>>>

DeGuru

I know for a fact that UofD wanted Dyson bad. Again, when UofD expressed interest in Joe just as they have with others in the state, Joe and his father did not give UofD the feeling that he wanted to go there. UofD felt that they were waisting time with Joe. Being on the inside of this situation, I can understand why UofD felt this way.

I am not sure what DelState was doing with respect to recruiting him, but I can see if UofD felt that they werent going to get him then DelState was probably thinking the same way.

>>>>

From the slam dunk site

>>>

Joe Dyson, a 6-9 junior, might be the second-best overall prospect in Delaware – behind, of course, Sheridan – and juniors Brian Eckman and Dexter Matthews figure to team up with senior Mitchell White in an inexperienced but talented backcourt.

>>>

BTW...his teammate, Sheridan is considered the best big man to come out in years from DE. He is also considered one of the best players period to come out in the past 10 years. Conisdering one of my favorites came from the state (LARON PROFIT--MARYLAND) I would say getting the second best player in the state is not too shabby.

BTW...JOE D. is orignally from NY!!!

More on Joe Dyson

November 19, 2003

Albany Strikes Gold in the First State

By Rob Matera rob@hoopmasters.com

The University at Albany landed a big fish in a small pond this week when they signed a 6'9 Center from Delaware.

6'9 230 lbs. C Joe Dyson from the Sanford School in Hockessin, DE signed with Albany over interest from Houston and Duquesne.

Larger schools like Providence, Rutgers, and Charlotte were interested in Dyson as a spring recruit, however Dyson wanted to end the process and is comfortable with coach Will Brown and the Great Danes.

Dyson is the centerpiece of an impressive four man fall recruiting class at Albany and, if he lives up to his vast potential, should challenge for rookie of the year honors in the America East conference. Joe will join 6'2 guard David Bauman from Freeport HS in Sarver, PA,; 6'5 G/F Brian Lillis from West Des Moines Dowling HS in Urbandale, IA; and 6'8 forward Brent Wilson from Prairie HS in Cedar Rapids, IA at Albany next season.

Dyson averaged 14 points and 10 rebounds per game last season playing second fiddle to 6'8 Villanova freshman PF Will Sheridan, but this year he will assume a bigger leadership role. Joe was honorable mention All State as a junior last year.

TALK ABOUT THIS ARTICLE NOW ON THE HOOPMASTERS FORUMS!