UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Best UAlbany Team Gets No Recognition!

Play_Fair

I believe this forum has turned pathetic..You all need to spend your time in more productive ways.....Sports are important, but not life....this particular forums title "is to do with track and field and recognition..." To argue over plans that are in the infant stages still is ridiculous..What don't you all exchange names and meet in person to discuss...I'm sure you wouldn't have the same demeanor face to face as you do on this anonymous post....

I'm outta here..

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why don't you tell us which track coach/athlete you are and we will all come clean?

D2K3 and I are actually in a love tryst with Dane96, so we talk like this with each other everyday.

In regards to making track more popular. If the major networks only care every 4 years, how do you expect the casual fan to be interested in Albany track? If Mr. Voelker is struggling to get fans to home football and basketball games, it's going to be even harder to convince Joe Student to watch track.

p_s, I do understand your frustration in the discussion going "off" on a tangent from the exact title of the thread. I had some of the same feelings when I first got on here..I would only read evey couple days and would be completely lost.

But this is simply the nature of this (and indeed the vast majority of) board(s). For example, if you look in the winter sports section under the "Vermont" thread, we were recently posting on how to correctly translate German..lol :P

I think the general consensus in this thread, as evidenced by its direction, is that it is extremely tough to get the average UAlbany student (let alone sports fan) to go to track and field meets, especially when we are relatively struggling with traditionally "more popular" American sports like football and basketball. It seems the feeling is that if some form of a new/added venue/facility was created for the team, then attedence might very well increase (as happens regularly with any sport and a new facility). Posters are simply discussing the likelihood/possibilities of such an endeavor.

Please don't get frustrated...it's fun for all of us to hear everyone's thoughts on all the sports related topics here at UA! :D

Ok, I realized that sounded kinda corny, but I do mean it..lol.