UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Firstly, this is my first ever post to the site and I thank the couple that are running it. I hope this site will grow in popularity as Albany continually builds their program.

OK, the topic; Did anyone happen to see Siena's TV commercials advertising Friday's game at the pepsi. It was quite ballzy of them and it sure has gotten me all riled up.

It went something like 'come see the great danes attempt to play with your siena saints. Siena has won the past 2 years and look forward to the third year to show

UAlbany how to play with the Big Dogs.'

Whomever at Siena developed that commercial is a genius as they have easily enhanced my hatred for siena overshadowing my support for Albany itself.

Anyone else see this commercial in disbelief? Whatcha think?

Well, hope to lose my voice tomorrow nite rooting for Albany or rooting against Siena.

Great Vain Dane '00 Alum

To combat this commercial, the UAlbany athletic dept has made purple t shirts for the game which say UA Top Dog in Town and depict a large Great Dane dunking a basketball over a wimpering St. Bernard. They gave out 10 of these shirts at the luncheon and are giving them to all UA students attending the game or selling them to non students for $10.

Glad to have you on board

To combat this commercial, the UAlbany athletic dept has made purple t shirts for the game which say UA Top Dog in Town and depict a large Great Dane dunking a basketball over a wimpering St. Bernard. They gave out 10 of these shirts at the luncheon and are giving them to all UA students attending the game or selling them to non students for $10.

Glad to have you on board

Glad to be on the board! EXCELLENT news. Would you happen to have any idea as to where around the arena they will be selling these shirts? I know I need to have one, only purple shirt I have is from Greek Week back in 98. Scary.

GREAT DANE VAIN...NICE AVATAR...i cant believe i used the word avatar...but that is FREAKING AWESOME. I must say...i am really pissed off. I wished I could come to this game now...damn law school.

WHO THE HECK DO THEY THINK THEY ARE....stupid little brats. They didnt have the balls to play us in 1993...Doc wanted that game. That was the year we went to the Elite 8 of DIII...and I bet ur asses we would have put a scare in them.

I swear to g-d I want to fast forward to next year and see how ballsy they get when we have a front line averaging 6'9.

Y'all better scream your lungs out...whomever is going!

Great to have you on board Great Dane Vain.

Great Vain Dane welcome to the board. Glad you found us.

Made my annual bet with a $iena fan at work today and I'll be decked out in some $iena gear on Monday should I lose the bet. If I win though I have tons of Danes stuff to bring in for him to wear :D

Wish I'd seen the commercial everyone is talking about, they mentioned it at the luncheon yesterday. Hope everyone here will be at the game tomorrow screaming their lungs out. My goal this year is to try and keep my voice until half time.

that is a rather arrogant commercial considering the fact that head to head our athletic department trumps theirs ... in sports in which they can't be competitive they decline to play ... good luck to both dane teams ... almost as good as a super bowl sunday ... the talent gap this year (injuries included) may not be significantly greater than the past two meetings, and we have been more than close in each ... a few hot hands could keep it within striking distance ... we need the rookies to shoot well in the opening minutes ... i'm glad to see that others have adopted the "stranger things have happened" mantra ... GO DANES!

Not to be devil's advocate, but we also have a radio commercial, heard on Fly92 last night, that advertises our season ticket package and the very last line is:

"Great Danes Season Ticket Packages available for only 75 bucks ... if your team is charging you anymore ... well then they're just doggin' you"

It was a long commercial though, I want to say a 45 second or minute spot, advertising all the "perrennial NCAA teams we play" (stretched the truth a little), including "Wagner, coached by Mike Deane ... who, uh, oh yeah, used to coach that OTHER team"

So if they heard that commercial, I'm sure they would respond with their own. That's pretty ballsy on our part. ;)