UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Chris Schongar and Shen lost in the playoffs to Guilderland the other day. The three signees from West Genesse, Dan McKeon, Mark Cometti and Tim Spillett are still going strong in the state playoffs. They won yesterday and are 19-0 and ranked #2 in the country.

Dane Pound,

Thanks for the latest lacrosse news, and thanks for doing the research.

As usual, this website is providing positive, concrete evidence for the improvement and advancement of UAlbany athletics.

As the university's athletic year ends, please accept my thanks for your continued devotion to the athletic program.

You're quite welcome OldDog.

West Genesse won again today to go 20-0. They beat Vestal 15-9. A nice sign that the three guys from that team are already used to beating teams from Vestal as they'll be doing so for the next four years at UA.

Pretty amazing program at West Genesse. They've won 13 state titles and produced at least one all-american a year for the past 31 years. They have an amazing website (and forum) for a high school lacrosse team. West Genesse Lax

Are you kidding me....what a site!!! Did you guys check out these kids Marr has recruited. You are talking about, arguably, three of the top 5 guys are the number 2 ranked team in the land.

I was so worried about Rae leaving, but this kid has a ridiculous save percentage coming in.

Edited by Dane96

I believe it may be better....and this bodes well for UA. With the onset of Lax as a very popular sport across the nation, conferences such as the Big East (MAYBE),BIG 12, Big 10, and Pac-10 will be adding the sport within 10 years. It is very impt for a smaller conference school like UA to establish themselves as a perennial NCAA tourney team in order to keep getting the recruits who may be swayed to bigger institutions. Schools like Hopkins, Navy, and Army dont need to worry about it...there traditions are set. Schools like Hobart, Colgate and UA, SBU, Bingo, UMBC need to stay strong.

You could argue, however, that local NY kids wont want to leave the region so they can play in front of mom and dad and against their H.S. pals/rivals.

West Genesse took Orchard Park to the shed yesterday 17-2 in the state semi-finals. They meet Niskayuna in the state finals tomorrow. Kind of a neat local angle with Nisky having a Hopkins and Navy recruit on their team against 3 Albany recruits.

I won't be home this morning to watch, but if they announce on the broadcast when the replays will be shown, would someone please post it? By the way, who is our recruit from Niskayuna? I didn't see it on our website.

I'm surprised no one mentioned it already, but UAlbany got a few refences on the NCAA lax final 4 broadcasts this past weekend, with the Duke player overtaking Merrick for the goals scored lead, with having played Virginia and Hopkins and with Coach Marr's connection to the past Hopkins NCAA championships (one of the TV guys was the goalie on that Hopkins team). There was also a short piece in the TU front section earlier this week about Coach Marr at the Final Four and his role on Hopkins late 80s champioship team.

HAHAHA...West Genesse didnt just win their 4th straight today...THEY DEMOLISHED NISKY FOR IT...15-2...largest margin of victory in a championship game i believe they said. Spillet had 6 goals and 2 assist.

By the way, who is our recruit from Niskayuna? I didn't see it on our website.

He's not listed on laxpower, but I thought I heard the announcer say that Nisky's Mark Petter was going to Albany. He scored goals against Yorktown Hghts. and W. Islip in the playoffs.

Johns Hopkins coach Dave Pietramala was at the West Genesse game to watch his recruit Mark Bryan. He told a Syracuse paper West Genesse is "the best-coached team in high school, by far."

In last nights Class A Exceptional Seniors game McKeon had four saves and Cometti was the player of the game. Their team won, of course, 12-5.