UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

"As the Siena World Turns"

Rumor has it they will pull green sweatshirts over the backs of the seats to scare NJIT into thinking the place is packed. On a side note, anyone interested in going to check out the free vets vs. rooks game they are having at the TUC. I don’t think I’d mind since they don’t make money and I can see what the hype is all about.

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rumor has it they will pull green sweatshirts over the backs of the seats to scare NJIT into thinking the place is packed.  On a side note, anyone interested in going to check out the free vets vs. rooks game they are having at the TUC.  I don’t think I’d mind since they don’t make money and I can see what the hype is all about.

16647[/snapback]

Told you guys I’d be back in the fall. So many subjects and so little time. Yea the NJIT will be small attendance wise no doubt. But to put it in perspective there still will be more people there than at any Albany home game. And that’s not a knock on Albany, just the fact the ARC is too small for Siena. As for Season tickets sorry to tell you guys they are on the upswing. You always have people who renew late or wait until the fall to buy season tickets.( I know they sold quite a few at the meet and greet a few weeks ago) The final number this year should be about 3000 season tickets ( and that’s for men’s game) although I don’t know for sure I’d guess the women have 400 or 500 season ticket holders. I guess it kind of depends on what kind of start the men have as to how attendance goes this year. I’d like to see them get over 6,000 this year average wise , seems attainable to me.

As for the hype over freshmen. People always get excited over freshmen ( and its understandable) the thing to keep in mind they are freshmen and as one wise man said the best thing about freshmen is they become sophomores I do expect 4 of the freshmen to get playing time this season. How much depends on how ready they are for D1 basketball. Perhaps Ubiles will start but even that’s not a guarantee

On another note congrats on the signing of Billy Allen. My hat is off to Will Brown he is really doing a terrific job at Albany, slowly but surely increasing the quality of your recruits.

I don’t wanna spend too much time on this board ( I know how much you guys like to read my posts on this board ;-) but just wanted to say good luck in the upcoming season!!

• 2 weeks later...

Siena Tony's starting to hedge instead of taking a firm stance

......So after a  looong post… I think Siena has some questions to be answered. But  posted above are some major reasons why I am cautiously optimistic. Siena should be a solid team.  How good remains to be seen. Depends on how Siena answers its question marks.....

The Siena Fans tout and correctly so the return of the best postman in the MAAC and a shoo in for 1st team ALL MAAC - Haddix.

They also say Hasbrouck is the best defender in the MAAC and a 1st Team ALL MAAC candidate.

Edwin Ubiles is the best recruit in the MAAC and therefore a leading candidate for ROY and should make an ALL MAAC team.

Tay Fisher is one of the top 3 Point Shooters in the MAAC.

David Ryan is a tough match up for teams in the MAAC.

Add to the picture Magee a relentless rebounder, Franklin an outstanding athlete who can play the 2,3 and 4 and Moore an outstanding PG.

With all of that presonnell plus developing Big Men in Diop and Carr. I would think that if McCaffrey doesn't win 20+ he'd be on the "Hot Seat" and the Siena Fans will be comparing him to "Lanier"

Siena has outstanding players with atleast 3 ALL MAAC players including the ROY much needed depth and a ton of experience add to that great coaching.

WOW, Tony shouldn't be hedging - to me even though Marist is excellent - match each team up position by position and Marist probably only has one player who could start at Siena maybe 2.

Siena Tony's starting to hedge instead of taking a firm stance

Patch’s obsession with Siena continues … I’m not hedging a bit. I think Siena will be a pretty good squad this year, how good remains to be seen. Obviously Siena has some question marks.. Hey patch why don’t you ask your coach Will Brown how good Siena will be.And to clear up a few of your at best misrepresentations at worst lies

If healthy Haddix is one of the better big men in the MAAC.. Care to dispute that patch?

Hasbrouck is Siena’s best defender and evidently at least one pre season mag picked him as the best defender in the MAAC- Care to dispute that Patch?

Edwin Ubiles was picked as the best incoming recruit in the MAAC by just about every recruiting service. Care to dispute that Patch? No Siena fan said he would be ALL MAAC. I’m not even sure Edwin will start for the Saints this season. He is a freshmen

Tay Fisher and David Ryan are both solid players neither will make a ALL MAAC team both are solid role players capable of averaging double figures this season-

Care to dispute that Patch?

Magee, Franklin and Moore are solid MAAC level recruits that are legitimate division one players - Care to dispute that Patch?

Diop is one of my favorite Siena players, the kid isn’t that talented but plays hard every time out. He won’t get a lot of time this season but he is still gives it his all every second on the floor- No Siena fan has hyped Carr or Diop

Marist is deservedly the pre season favorite and every Siena fan acknowledges that. Care to dispute that Patch?

Patch this is mid major hoops you really need to relax with your obsession with Siena .

It's great to have you back Tony.

You echo my statements exactly. I am not disputing anything you said. I'm just waiting for you not to hedge. You have very good talent so back it up and say with all we have coming back we should win the MAAC or something is wrong.

Best Power Player, one of the Best Guards, Best Recruiting Class including the probable ROY. Excellent supporting class. All true!!!!

Why don't you have the B**ls to say we are very good and should win the MAAC???

Because you are a hindsight expert.

It's great that Fall is here and the infamous easy to enflame Siena Tony is back posting on the UA site

Preseason is fun!!!!!

Hey patch why don’t you ask your coach Will Brown how good Siena will be.

16764[/snapback]

Yeah, Patch. I am sure Coach Brown will tell you that Siena is the best team on our schedule and how they are so much better than everyone else on our schedule including UCONN. :lol::lol::lol:

I am sure he will also tell you that the goal of the season is beating Siena and that winning the conference or making the NCAA tournament pale in comparison to that December 2nd game. :lol::lol::lol:

Seriously, I am not too worried about the Siena game. Even when we were not very good we almost always played them tough. 2 seasons ago in our first .500 season we beat them by 21 points. Last season we played poorly against them most of the game and still took them to OT on their home court. This season I would expect a tough game, but one that Albany can win especially if they continue to get better as they have each season under Coach Brown.